I had bought the exact same glasses (in 11.75oz and 15.5oz sizes) about 4-5 years ago and love these. The styling, shape and size are very attractive. It is very fine glass (almost like crystal) with no imperfections (bubbles, crooked curvature etc). The cup seamlessly flowed into the stem and the joint (if any) is not perceptible. I bought some of these glasses (again in the 11.75 oz and 15.5oz sizes) to add to my set, but I was disappointed by my purchase. The quality has significantly degraded. The glass is of poor quality, has a yellowish tinge, with occasional imperfections (bumps, bubbles). More importantly the cup/stem joint had a very perceptible "line" that one can feel with the finger tips. One can very easily notice this by holding it up so that the light passes through the stem and it acts as magnifying lens. Sadly, I had to return these. Overstock did a great job on that one. Thanks for an efficient and painless (as can be in these circumstances) return.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Glasses have a yellowish tinge
These wine glasses are even more beautiful in person. They have the beautiful ring of fine crystal! These glasses are very thin, but strong. I loved them so much, that I went back and bought 3 of the matching glasses in other sizes. You will not be disappointed with these Luigi Bormioli wine glasses! Thank you for bringing us such great items!
I checked these out in a store before purchasing them on line at O. They are a real bargain. Each time i have used them friends think they are handling crystal. Beautiful design and a nice "ping" when you toast. Perfect size for my table and accompanying my stemmed water glasses. I have hand washed them since they are too tall for my dishwasher but no breakage, and i have dropped them in the sink. I have used them a number of times and
I've been using these wine glasses for several months, and am pleased with their style, clarity, and how they feel in the hand. They work well with reds and whites. They also seem to be quite strong and have taken some bumping with no breakage. I do recommend rinsing them out and not letting the wine dry in the very narrow "dip" at the bottom of the bowl, as I needed Q-Tips to clean them after wine dried in the dip.
Lovely wine glasses. The stems are quite long and delicate so we will be sure to take care to handle these with care. They are first rate glasses
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not applicable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality wine glasses
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
super buy of beautiful, quality glasses. Makes me want to drink expensive wine on my meager budget!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality yet durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Lovely wine glasses. Very good quality. Luigi Bormioli etched in the base adds to the quality. I love them! Thank you Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact