Ok so there are some really bad reviews on here, several of which dont seem to be over the actual couch but the delivery process itself. Mine just came today and the delivery was excellent. They called me an hour before and let me know they were on their way, delivered up a tight flight of stairs and put it in my living room. The couch was carefully packed and came in two pieces. The cushions are zipped underneath the main section of the couch. No damage anywhere. Set up was easy - just screw in the plastic feet at the corner of each piece and you are good. The couch is smaller than it looks in the review but the perfect size for a smaller apt. Im 5'10 and can almost lay across it with feet stretched out. The sectional part fits in like a puzzle piece to the main section and then the extension is kind of like an ottoman. Its freestanding and you can move it around to wherever you want it. The cushions are pretty firm, but I like it that way and they do not at all make all kinds of noise like one of the reviews said, and unlike another review, you cannot feel the springs in the cushions. In fact the cushions dont have springs in them - just foam. The velcro part is kind of a drawback since you cant flip the pillows around if you stain one, but for the price you have to remember you arent going to get a ritz carlton couch. The pillows it comes with are of ugly but this is easily fixed - go to Target or Walmart or just dont use them. The couch is lightweight and the material is pretty good quality and comfortable. I would recommend it so far. I took away a star for the velcro and also because the zipper on the main section is about 4 inches visible. Not a huge deal but they could have correctly that in the design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Consistent with price paid - not bad at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I am 62 years young and I live in a small apartment, when I saw your couch I loved the way it look. I think it only took me about 30 minutes to unwrap and put it all together, How easy was that :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. easy to put together and comfortable to sit on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The delivery and shipment was a complete NIGHTMARE. Then to top it off there were several gashes on the sofa that I didn't see until I unpacked the entire thing. The cushions were so tightly jammed packed into the underside of the seat, it took forever to get them out without damaging them. The included feet aren't even wooden or fake wood--they're cheap plastic. My son's legos are sturdier than these. The seat cushions are hard foam rocks. The back supports are on hinges that fold up and down after unpacking and have VELCRO of all things to keep the cushions in place. When I "connected" the chaise portion with the main sofa--they back supports are different heights so it looks ridiculous. The 2 extra decorative cushions are dull colored and a lot uglier in person. Oh yeah, and I had to wait a almost 2 months before this even shipped or was contacted to deliver. DO NOT BUY THIS---I wouldn't even expect to see this piece in a dorm game room. I would've been better off buying a sofa locally in a 2nd-hand shop or discount place. I'm SOOOO regretting this waste of money!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's actually a duller old elephant grey.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Horrible. Zipper was messed up, kept jamming, so I couldn't get the too tightly packed cushions out from the underside of the sofa.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all. Site makes you think it's fancier/nicer than it really is.
I would not recommend this product to any one. Its really cheap looking and has made my TV room so ugly. It seems like something you would pick up from the side of the street that's 10 yrs old! Don't waste your money! I hate it! So does everyone else who sees it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not even close/ it looks old and dirty in person(it seems that way)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. really cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate enough
This Sofa set smells really bad. I've tried steam cleaning it, but the fishy scent does not go away. I've tried spraying it down with fabric deodorizer but nothing covers or beats the fishy scent. At the end of the day it's impossible to get rid of the fishy scent it came with.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
If one ever thought Ikea might be cheap, at least they can boast decent quality. At least compared to this sofa. While I do like the color of the sofa and the fabric (so far) appears to be holding up, the comfort and construction of this sofa is by far lacking. The sofa is compactly packed, which initially seemed very clever. However, various pieces are held together by velcro and whenever you sit on the sofa a little less gently, you will hear the velcro cackle. Secondly, I've sat on futons and sofas from Jennifer Convertible more comfortable than these cushions. They are extremely hard and you can feel the coil in your seat. It's almost embarassing to have guests over now. If Overstock had offered a refund on it, I would take up on the offer today! As I mentioned, you do get what you pay for. However, at these prices, I'm certain I could've found something comparable at Ikea.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate depiction of the color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate dimensions
I love this sofa and if I had more room I would purchase another one. This is the perfect look and size sofa for Apartment dwellers!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I absolutely love this sofa, as does everyone who has seen it. I enjoy coming home and knowing I have a perfect comfortable cozy place to relax!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on!
This was the worst purchase I have ever made! It is soooo uncomfortable!!! I bought this couch a year ago- and I was really excited as I live in a small studio. The size was perfect and it was the color and style I wanted. The delivery was a pain- the elevator was out- and the guy refused to help me carry it upstairs. He was pretty rude about and honestly it wasn't that heavy to carry. Once I installed and put the couch together I was soo excited to sit on it and relax. I soon as I sat on the couch I realized I made a big mistake. IT WAS SOOOO HARD!!! It was like I was sitting on a ROCK! But the rock might have been softer. I thought after some time- it would become a little softer...NOPE WRONG! It is possibly the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have ever own. After a year.... the COUCH BROKE! Springs on both of the seats popped making it totally useless and unbearable to sit on. I couldn't believe I paid so much money on something that broke after a year. Warning to all- DONT DO IT- don't be lured in by the low price for the sectional. It's not worth it- this is a terrible quality and a crap product that will not last longer than a year!!!
This is a great sofa for the price. I'm very pleased. It's even comfortable enough to sleep on -- great for naps. The size is perfect for the sitting area in our master suite. The colordepicted is very accurate, so it would compliment any decor that called for a light charcoal sofa.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The overall quality is good; my only issue is the fabric loosening up
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This was a horrible set! It came packaged horribly! Everything about this order looked as though it came from a third world country. It was made out of thin pallet like boards. Every time I sat on it I thought I was going to fall through. I could not even screw the plastic parts on the bottom of the sofa because there were no holes. It was a disaster! I just chucked it and took it to the dump!
Had this for a year and really regret the purchase. The value seemed like too good a buy, but really wish we would have just bought something a little more expensive with comfort in mind. Tiny, we're both 5'6 and barely fit. Also the fabric is very easily stained. Cleaned one side and it turned orange! Cushions keep coming off, arm rest broke when we leaned on it... buy something else for sure.
I was looking for a small sectional since I live in a studio apartment in NYC. I bought this couch exactly a year ago. It was the biggest mistake EVER! I will now never buy a couch unless I sit on it first. I was looking for something small and modern- looks wise this couch is super cute! It has storage underneath, and if you live in a NYC studio- you know how important that is. But that is as far as it goes! Once you sit on the couch- you realize how FIRM it is. It's like sitting on rocks! I thought- maybe after a while it will become softer...NOPE not at all. It is probably one of the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture that I have ever had (and I have bought a ton of stuff from cheaper places, like ikea). A year later (to the date) the springs on two of the pieces have popped- making the couch useless!!! Yes, this piece of crap furniture only lasted ONE YEAR before it broke. Stay away!!! Don't be lured by the cheap price. It's hard, uncomfortable and it will break on you within a year. Waste of money!!
nice couch, if the people who gave such bad reviews, shopped and saw what they bought they would be better off than complaining!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not bad for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Nice sofa but as it looks like a chase in the picture it is not, perhaps I didn't read the part that said it was an otteman. Also this sofa folds out I didn't see were it said that either. Other than that it looks good and works well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
This sofa works for what we needed, which was a sofa that would last for 6 months or so and then be tossed. It would not do for a long term option. The cushions are deformed after 2 months and it took half a bottle of febreeze to get the terrible smell out of it, which still resurfaces occasionally.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not a high quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was okay but didn't mention the texturing of the fabric
It arrived on time, however the driver of the truck was not friendly and although I am in my 60's he promptly told me that even though I have a handicap ramp he does NOT help anyone with getting anything up a ramp nor in the door. My nephews were there so it was ok and they got it in the door just before it started to rain. Don't know if I would buy from this company again nor recommend again withouy letting them know to have someone to help if you are by yourself
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was just the right color that I looked at in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description of the product