I am always looking for products that will perform well at home as well as outside on the barbeque or over a campfire. These bread pans fit the bill. We have several Lodge items & they have been excellant!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These are lodge! I've never had anything but quality from Lodge & these bread pans are of that same great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The product comes pre-seasoned ready for use. Took a couple of tries until I understood how to use them correctly. I was using silicone .... Cast iron does require a light coating of butter or vegetable shorting on the inside to release the bread after baking. I will not use cooking spray on the cast iron...it could cause a build up that I would not want! With that said...their amazing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I'm slowly replacing all my ceramic bakeware because it just doesn't hold up. These will last several lifetimes. I loved getting a set of two. They did kind of stick together from shipping, but I knocked them apart with a rubber mallet. For baking bread, slather the pans with real butter and they'll be nonstick with your first use. Follow use and care for cast iron and you won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
Lodge Logic loaf pan is total American quality. We baked 2 loaves of bread with lightly greased pans. When we went to turn bread out they both just fell out onto cooling rack. Lodge produces high quality and all the cast iron cookware we have purchased has exceeded our expectations. We can`t wait to cook our favorite meatloaf with our new pans.
The 2 pack of these pans are a great deal on Overstock.com. They cook bread so well. I did reseason mine with real lard but it is not neccessary as the pans are seasoned from the factory. My bread just fell out when I turned them over, Perfect. These are the pans that people rave about on Cast Iron Cooking ***.