I have the 12 quart version of this camp stove. I didn't buy it at Overstock, I don't remember where it came from, it's 40 years old. I use it as a slow cooker right on top of my stove. I remove the burner cover, set the oven right over the burner, and turn it on low. The lid fits so tight the meat becomes fork tender. I just made pulled pork in my pot last night. I even wrapped the corn on the cob in foil and cooked it on the lid. It was a great, easy meal.
I shouldn't review this product because it was bought as a wedding gift and hasn't yet been given. But I heard the recipient-to-be talking to my brother-in-law--cooking buffs both--and they agreed that there is nothing like seasoned cast iron for gourmet flavor. Plus the price is good and the reviews are solid. It's fun listening to men discussing cooking. A little beer doesn't hurt. Now I can't wait for this guy to open the package. That is one fortunate bride. Maybe I'll turn her on to some stew recipes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks like black to me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. bound to be good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
This hefty little jewel out-baked, out-roasted & out-stewed all competitors. Chicken & dumplings, beef stew, roast pork and a special deep-dish berry cobbler all turned out perfect with that extra touch of flavor only cast iron cookware can impart. No presesaoning hassles. Skip the "cheaper" imports - Take care of this top quality product & you'll be willing it to your descendants!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. you can't go wrong with Lodge Brand Cookware
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love my new dutch oven. I cooked a wonderful pot of navy beans over an open flame
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a very nice iron dutch oven. Like the lid because it is flat and you can put coals on it and bake anything in it that you want. This is very good quality Lodge Logic and if you look around you will find as usual overstock has the best price when I was shopping for this particular item.