These curtains do everything promised. My sons room is darker and warmer. The chocolate color is beautiful and just the color I was expecting. The texture is soft, silky, yet thick and durable. They required a quick iron before hanging, and then they hang beautifully. The back of the curtain is same as front, hated white foam back. They look beautiful and modern with the tab tops and are easy to use. I highly recommend these.
These curtains are perfect-- I got the Chocolate brown (a bit lighter in person than in the pic- but still great)-- and they look fab in our bedroom! Block out the light and hang beautiful. I couldn't find any blackout curtains that had nice fabric in stores-- so after reading the reviews I decided to take a chance on these. Nice soft fabric- but thick and block out the light very well. Love them and overstock!!! Great price too.
i had to return these and reorder them in 95 inch because length INCLUDES tab top, not EXCLUDES as stated in description. that said, i am happy with them otherwise as stated in my more detailed review of the 95 inch .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black was rich and slightly reflective rather than matte which was exactly what i wanted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. adequate for the sale price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? length is totally inaccurate
These panels are so gorgeous I wonder how they ever became "overstock"!! Hang beautifully, no wrinkles, soft and silky. Highly recommend them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is gorgeous. A true, true beige, very soft and warm
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent. These panels are thick, but soft and silky. No ironing needed. Hang beautifully
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These maroon drapes do the perfect blackout job. I'm very pleased with the fact that they don't have the white insulation on the back. The fabric is soft and lush, and the first person who used the bedroom commented on how much she liked the drapes, so I sent her to Overstock.com to order her own!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good match on my computer!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very well done.
I decided to change out my old velour panels, so I started researching which ones to buy from Overstock. I have had good luck with previous purchases, and read all the reviews of this particular set of panel curtains. I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, but I was disappointed with the weight of the panels. They are very light, and so they don't hang as nicely as my old, heavy panels. The color was spot on and matched my lampshades to a tee; I believe they're even the same material. But what one person described as "silky", is more "polyester-y". They do block out the light nicely and are a little wider than my previous panels. My curtain rod is wood, and when I open or close the panels, they tend to be grabbed by the wood, so I'm wondering whether they might fray. Whereas I usually feel like I bought a bargain when I shop from Overstock, I feel that I paid too much for these. I guess I like them more than I dislike them, but if I had seen them at a store, I would not have bought them, but would have looked for a heavier material. For someone who is not concerned with the weight of the material, I would say that you will like them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These curtains deliver what they promiseblackout coverage, same color on both sides and a soft texture, but I'm still not sure if I'll use them. The color is almost a light beige-tan, where what is needed in that room is a neutral, off-white unbleached muslin shade. Also, while everything else in the house is natural fabrics, mostly cotton, these are of an artificial fabric that is very slightly artificial-looking and feeling (like microfiber), and they are a bit too smooth and limp in how they hang. Even so, if the company would carry a basic natural or neutral color, I would be happy to use them. Perhaps a lighter color wouldn't provide a real-room-darkening effect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? about the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. recommended with reservations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
Curtains look and feel nice. They aren't as heavy as I thought they would be. They definitely block out the light entirely, but they are not really "thermal insulated." I imagine that in the summer they will help keep the room cool if you have them drawn, but as far as keeping out the cold in the wintertime, they seem to be of only a little help.
I ordered these for my 17 year old daughters room. She wanted drapes that blocked out light. The drapes do a pretty good job. Light creeps in over the top and sides. I am not crazy about the way these drapes hang. Also the fabric reminds me of a pair of ski pants I owned 25 years ago. I have to say that if I would have seen these before buying, I would not have bought them. With that being said, the quality is pretty good, they are very deep black and my daughter likes them so that is what matters I guess.
I thought these curtains would be a disappointment since they were priced so low, but I was nicely surprised. These curtains are nice and heavy. They are the perfect color and length, and do a great job of blocking out the sun. I have them in my guest room, and they look so nice. A great value for the money.
They could have used these curtains in WWII. You won't wake up too early on Saturday morning if you have these curtains hanging in your room. They effectively block the sun on steamy afternoons and insulate against the cold in the depths of winter.