This light fixture looks great in my keeping room. Very soft lighting. I love the style. However, just as others have written, installation was not easy. The wire colors were different that I am used to. I had to call an electrician who walked me through the installation. And I needed another set of hands to help hold it in place during the installation. I do like it a lot now that the hard part is over..
The lamp looks OK, but the instructions are unreadable and consist of a few drawings and some general comments and do not explain how to hang or remove the dome. Without the ability to easily remove the dome I would NOT buy this product again. It must be hung in one piece and does not allow for taking the dome off for cleaning. Look a a better design and bypass this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker amber
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. below average.
It is heavy and looking nice, but it is white and you can find white everywhere. I returned it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? badly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
This is a very beautiful light for a small dining room or for an entryway. The lightling is low key due to the tinted glass so if you require more light I would suggest buying a stronger wattage for the bulbs (60 or 75). I am currently using 40 watt and it gives off a very nice soft glow. I hired a professional electrician to install it since I am not very handy and after reading some of the reviews stating that it was hard to install. The trick to installation is to put all the metal pieces together, attach to the glass and THEN attach to the ceiling. You will need two people to accomplish this.....one to hold the glass and metal while the other does the attaching. This will make the process really easy and less stressful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Excellent for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The light has a warm color and gives out ample lighting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We are redecorating our small living room and had a hole in the ceiling where we removed a ceiling fan from so we were in need of a light fixture that did not hang to low and provided muted lighting. This fixture is exactly as described on the Overstock.com site and the colors matched perfectly with the overall theme to our space. The only reason we could not give it an excellent rating is because it arrived with one of the lightbulb socket casing broken.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on site was identical to the product received.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is of good quality though one of the lightbult socket casings was broken upon receipt.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of this product on the site was dead on.
This is a stylish light fixture, and I like the warm glow given off by the amber glass shade (even with cfl bulbs), but it was a bugger to install. I had our electrician stop by to install a couple of fixtures, and this one took more time than all of the others combined. The arms which hold the glass shade in place do not swivel to allow for easy removal of the shade for cleaning or replacement of the bulb. The arms are anchored into place in the top of the fixture, and are not accessible once the fixture is installed. I remembered seeing another buyer mention this fact, and I dismissed its importance. Find an electrician with very small hands to help you install this one.
I really love this ceiling light and the globe is real glass. The burnished copper holders goes nicely with my mission style leather furniture. I did have to have an electrician install it and the brackett that came with the light needed to be larger.