I purchased this chair for our master bathroom....looks great next to the jacuzzi tub. I was pretty sure I would be reupholstering the fabric seat. The fabric origianally on the seat is not my cup of tea. I had a very easy time stapling new fabric on the seat and the new fabric I used looks SO MUCH NICER than the one that came on it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, it was pretty good quality. Easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
I love these chairs! I bought four for the waiting room of my husband's law firm. They look very rich and expensive. The carved legs are lovely. We get compliments on them all the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The chair came packed well, no damage. The instructions were easy to follow, and all the parts were listed and marked well. The chair was a little difficult to put together at first, but after assembling the first one, it became easier. The chair is really quite nice for the price, and more comfortable than I expected. I recovered the seat with fabric that matches my living room...they look quite nice in the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and sturdy, the finish is well done, and the caned backs are very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Ordered the chair on the 17th of November, it came in a few days. Went to assemble the chair and the hardware was not included. Called customer service the same day, they said they would get back with me in a couple of days, I heard nothing from them. Five days later I emailed customer service. Heard nothing, two more days passed. I called again, finially they said to return the chair, and they would send me a new one by Christmas. In the meantime, the price of the chair dropped. They said they would credit me. Well you guessed it, no credit. I finially received the chair, It's been a month since my initial order. I just received an email from customer service, they said they were sorry they didn't credit my account, and they would give me a credit on my next purchase. Seriously?? I don't think so.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was described as cream fabric, it is shiny gold.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chair is a lot smaller than pictured. The back of the chair is very short. More like a dining table chair. Hardware in first chair was not included.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all. Color wrong on fabric. Uncomfortable
I would recommend these chairs to any one who needed extra chairs in a small space. They are not overly large nor are they extra small. They are a lot more sturdy than I thought they would be. I didn't know that I would have to assembly them myself, but I like a challenge once in a while. They were made of solid wood and not the composite wood that so many are made of today. The color is a nutural color that you can use with any decor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is better than in the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is so much better than I even anticipated.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The only thing it didn't say was it had to be assembled.
love the look , perfect for my space, assembled in 20 minutes, not very heavy ,would prefer heavier chair but for what i'm using it for it 's perfect . LOve it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great look
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It matches my dark Carribean furniture perfectly, and it is exactly what I had imagined for my bedroom. I love it! There was a slight problem due to some small pieces of hardware that were missing, but a local hardware store, had the parts and even put the chair together for me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice occasional chair, but some hardware was missing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
New home that I am decorating in a British Colonial/West Indies theme. This chair caught my attention right away, due to the cane back and turned legs. I ordered 'one' to see if it was as good as it looked...It was even BETTER! Fits my decor perfectly. I am ordering a second one today! Multiple uses for this chair in my home. Have room to use two in front entry on either side of my console table. If needed I can pull into service as extra seating in main living areas, and I can use them as end chairs for my dining room table for larger dinners. East to put together - and I am not one to be considered "handy"! :) If you like this look then go ahead and order. I don't believe you will be disappointed at all....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A few minor flaws, but to be expected at this price point.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
There were some minor scratches. The assemly of the arm to the back was not perfect. I had to change the pre-drilled hole direction to put the screw so that the back wood didnt crack. Otherwise the chair has a nice unique look to it. The quality of packaging was pretty bad. I was surprised that the chair made it to my door without any major scratches.
I ordered this chair for my living room and I am very happy with the wood, finish and how easy it was to put together. The fabric isn't my taste but it is easliy changed. It is very solid construction and looks great, especially for the price!
I really like this chair. It is very different looking and almost has an antique look about it. I am using it as an accent chair in my bedroom and it looks great! My husband put it together and he ran into some issues with the hole for the arms. He had to drill new holes instead of the predrilled ones. Besides that there have been no issues. It is made to where if you ever want to recover the seat it would be so easy. The price is great.
I bought two of these for my living room. I wanted something that was an updated traditional and this was a good match. These arrived quickly - within a week of my order (and I live in PA and they shipped from CA). The cushion color is not cream as mentioned in the description and the fabric is not shiny or has a pronounced sheen as you might think by the pictures (like a chintz fabric would). It is a light tan/pale antiqued gold color and is more of a woven fabric with a fairly flat finish. There is an overall swirl design in the same color and the different colored threads in the weave give it a very subtle striped appearance, with the "swirls" on top. It is very understated and pretty. When the dark finish on the chairs was applied, it looked like part of it was lightly rubbed off with a rag, so the finish is not one solid, dark color, but rather there are parts where it is lighter than others. I like this effect, it makes the chair look more like an antique (kind of a variation on the painted shabby chic, but with stain) and make it a little less formal. Again, I like this effect, but if you wanted a chair with a uniform, dark finish, you might be disappointed. The assembly instructions were clear and all of the screws and hardware were in the packet. I just took my time and double checked I was using the right sided screw, etc. and it went together pretty easily. I would recommend not tightening everything until you absolutely have to - it helps when it comes time to insert the chair cushion. Also, screw in the bottom part of the leg (the turned leg part) and then add the connecting arm piece second - that seemed to make assembly easier (I learned this putting the second chair together). For the price, this is an excellent value for the money - under *** for the pair with a coupon code. They go well with my decor and are just the right size.