This sink is beautiful. It looks like a $*** sink. It is unique and I'm surprised how much attention it has received! Everyone has commented on it, from our granite installers to my brother in law. I wanted a sink big enough to wash a baby, and this one is actually wide enough and deep enough to fit my baby's bath tub. It is insulated well so it isn't noisy, which is especially important with a large sink. Overall this is one of my favorite features in my new kitchen. However, there are two slightly negative aspects to the sink. The first is rather obvious, but as someone who went from a two-bowl sink to a one-bowl sink, I didn't think about it much until after the installation; it is difficult to wash dishes because it only has one bowl. The size is large enough that purchasing a small container/tub to keep in the sink with clean water and to put the clean dishes in until you are ready to rinse works well. If you use a dishwasher, this doesn't matter much. The other somewhat negative thing about this sink would also be true on the more expensive version. The sink doesn't drain as well as my older, cheaper model. In the more common stainless sinks, the corners are more gradual. Where the sides meet the bottom has a gradual curve instead of a sharp corner. The water drains fine, but we have found that small bits of food, coffee grounds, etc need to be washed down the drain with our pull down faucet.
We ordered the product thinking it would be 19 inches deep like written on the site but it happened to be 10 inches deep and 19 inches wide... Big difference! Overstock compensated us but hasn't changed the dimensions on the website. However, sink is great if the dimensions fit your needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? wrong dimensions (overstock confused depth with width) and hasn't changed it since we told them
I wish I realized the waste was so close to the back of the sink, I stubbed in the rough dead center which leaves no room for the trap when you install garbage disposal. Was very tight making connection. Other than that it was exactly the sink we wanted. Looks fantastic with the stainless grate we order for the sink
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very clean looking stainless steel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the heavy guage sink
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine