We first went with an overpriced chandelier from Restoration Hardware (19th C. Rococo Iron & Crystal Chandelier Medium) - what a piece of garbage! Hung crooked, low quality. This chandelier was 1/3 the price and 100X better quality. I echo all the 5 star reviews here, glitters beautifully and wonderful build quality. Sturdy construction and high quality crystals.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pefect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
This is a fabulous chandelier that looks much more expensive than what it is. If you want sparkle, this one is for you! If you read the reviews, you will get a good idea of what to expect. Once you get it up, you will love it! Here's some of my thoughts... Unwrap and put together what you can while in the box. Set aside crystals and hang after the chandelier is hung The most aggravating part was the the tiny screws that hold on the smaller arms. Some of them were stripped and I ended up using only one screw er arm, rather than two. No one will ever know and it preserved my sanity. Print a photo of the chandelier or keep your laptop nearby to refer to it. There is only a drawing for instructions. The photo helps The only thing missing, which I expected from a few of the reviews, were two crystals plus the hardware that should have been attached to one of the glass rims. I emailed the company on Sunday night, had an answer by 9:05 monday morning and had new ones in my hand by Friday. They were awesome. I was concerned about the brass on the crystals. I don't even notice it - not ever I was baffled at first wondering how to hang crystals. It's easy peasy. Just put the brass end through a ring and bend. Yes, it takes a while to hang the crystals. I had someone unwrap and hand to me while I hung. That was really helpful. Bottom line, is yes, it's a bit of a job to hang and assemble, but for the price, it's a homerun!. I love, love, this chandelier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The chandelier is even nicer in person - looks much the same, but lots and lots of sparkle
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The Chandelier is really nice. A nice weight with glass crystals.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
It will take you hours to assemble! If you decide to hang it yourself, I would recommend adding the crystals AFTER you install it since once fully assembled it is heavy. Good luck!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More ornate than expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Crystals are beautiful! Rest is typical of products Made in China...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Originally purchased from another web site.
I love this chandelier! My only negative is that I didn't know how much assembly was involved. There are ALOT of crystals, but after 2.5 hours my husband and I finally piece the whole thing together and when we did we just sat in the middle of the room staring at it. It is a great piece and vintage and one would never guess how little one paid for it. I simply say it is worth the money, it doesn't look cheap in the least but you just need to have patience assembling it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The chandelier arrived quickly and was carefully packaged. The instructions were easy to follow and the effort it took to hang the crystals was well worth it.. We used 6 40-watt bulbs instead of the 60 -watt that is allowed, and still found it so bright that we installed a dimmer switch as well. This is an absolutely gorgeous fixture for the money. IT SPARKLES!!!!
This looks absolutely beautiful in my dining room. After reading all the reviews, I expected to spend quite a bit of time putting up the crystals. While my husband unwrapped, I hung. It took us about an hour and a half. I found it fun though. I felt like I was creating a chandelier! As far as quality, a few of the candles on the chandelier were a little bent, but straightened out easily. It was also a bit more brown than I expected. The nicest part about this chandelier was the glass crystals.....beautiful!
The chandelier came promptly. I was missing a few of the glass pieces. I have called and requested the missing pieces. Overstock was extremely professional and efficient. I will await the replacement parts. The chandelier instructions are not good. I emailed to request better instructions and the sent me the same picture that came in the box. Someone needs to print better detailed instructions. I printed the picture online to help. I think it is a very pretty chandelier for the money. I am very pleased with the item.
Arrived very quickly and in great shape. Beautiful chandelier and value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
The chandelier was easy to put together (the overall crystals part took me about 2 hours). The chandelier did arrive with 4 broken pieces, but Overstock customer service quickly corrected the situation. They emailed me daily with updates on contacting the manufacturer and the new pieces were shipped, intact, within a week. I think the online pictures make the chandelier look more silverish, but it's more bronze/gold. The little connectors for the crystals are very gold, but will fade to darker over time. Overall, I love the chandelier in my dining room. It looks lovely above my extension table and my handyman (who installed it) said it looks antique and just goes well with the house.
I finally opened my chandelier yesterday - this is gorgeous. Workmanship and brilliance on this piece is above and beyond what I expected. I have been shopping for chandeliers for my master bedroom and can't believe the pricing that overstock sold it for. It is simply stunning. (2) crystal cups were broken in the box but I immediately called overstock and they are sending out replacements. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This chandelier is worth 4x the amount of which I paid for it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
The chandelier came well packaged with minimal instruction on how to hang, but if you have any knowledge regarding the hanging of light fixtures then you wil have no difficulty. Make sure the electricity is off. Putting the crystals on the chaneliers will take some time so make sure you are well rested and have a couple of hours before you start. Wear the gloves!! The instructions are a bit difficult to follow at times but the more you look at the diagram it finally sinks in; be patient the result is stunning!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture does not show the true beauty of this chandelier. The crystals look so rich against the bronze body of the chandelier. The picture does not do it justice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I was not disappointed. The reviews also helped as I learned out what to expect.
The quality is poor. It is not real crystal as stated. It is plain glass which does not give the sparkle. If you like quality and rich look for your chandelier, the glass item is not for you. Very primitive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? somewhat resembles
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate