We are using these jars to hold pantry and freezer goods. They are excellent for larger items because they have wide mouths (we can pack bagels in them for freezing, or salad greens in the fridge) and much better than plastic--less air transfer, and no concerns about estrogenic activity and/or BPA. They also hold our flour and rolled oats, and we can measure them right from the jars. The Le Parfait line seems better-designed than some other brands. For example, the baling wire is bent in such a way that it keeps the glass lid from hitting the side of the jar when it is opened. The attached lids cannot be lost. The glass seems thinner than our Bormioli Rocco jars, so the jars are lighter, but neither type of jar has broken in regular use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
I was very excited about receiving these jars, and they came quickly and were well packaged. They came with all parts and nothing broken, however I cannot give this product more than one star because of the extremely poor quality of the jars. I am very surprised that LeParfait, would allow these jars to leave the factory with their name on it. I can only assume that these are factory seconds. There are black specks in the glass on two of the jars and glass crinkles on the lids of two others, and on another you can see a line down the side. Maybe I am just being picky, but for the price and brand name, I expected these glass jars to be perfect. I am very disappointed by all of the flaws and blemishes.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Disappointing
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No