These canisters were a LOT smaller than I thought they would be. The largest "might" hold 3 1/2 - 4 cups of flour, they next 1 1/2 - 2 cups of sugar and the smallest a cup of something. I don't do much baking anymore. I got rid of my large set of Pfaltzgraff canisters that took up a lot of counter space. The Le Chef is good, just wish they were a little bit bigger.
Ordered these canisters for our pantry after seeing some at Crate & Barrel that I liked the look of but had terrible reviews... these have a nice, tight seal. The chalk board area works. No complaints!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
Plastic seal on the can tops makes them airtight and perfect for storing coffee and tea. Cute look too, with the chalkboard paint!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I looked high and low to find canisters for my coffee beans. These are made of a nice ceramic with a tight fitting lid to keep the air out, and they don't cost a fortune.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. The cover fit tightly and the canisters have good heft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I bought these canisters to replace another set that broke during a recent move. I thought they would be of "normal size" for flour, sugar, etc. I couldn't believe how small in diameter and height each of these canisters were and am not sure what others are using them for. They certainly are not made for a baker who regularly uses flour and sugar, as you would be refilling them constantly. I should have paid closer attention to the sizes listed, but thought after reading favorable reviews, that I would go ahead and order the. Don't be fooled like I was. These look like a miniature set that a child would use. I am returning them today, even though I have to pay almost $9.00 for return shipping charges. Very disappointed and now still looking for a set to place on my counter.