Really nice frame. Arrived well packed. Frame is nice heavy weight metal - rock solid once assembled. A bit of trouble assembling toward the end with sides lining up with headboard. I gave it 4 stars for design because I'm not in love with the side rail detail (really wanted something more simple). This is a great option got the budget - other canopy metal bed frames were over $*** (Room and board is my fave but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a frame I may want to change in a few years).
Came in 2 very heavy boxes, that UPS managed to destroy, but the bed frame was packed very well and had no damage. Assembly is easy, assuming you can follow written instructions. It was missing one very important nut/bolt..but happened to have the same exact size that I needed just laying aroundthe house so I did not have to call and you have a part shipped, although instructions clearly set on the last page to give them a chance there was anything wrong and or missing and call to let the manufacturer know and they will take care of it. bed looks great and is obnoxiously sturdy! Wish that I didn't see the screw heads everywhere.. even though they are painted to match the bed frame I can still see them. Overall very happy with my purchase, would give it 4 out of 5 stars
Clean lines and easy to assemble. Good looking with the cute finials, but the star is the fabric headboard. I had a hemmed square of off-white linen (a cloth table napkin would do also) professionally embroidered (think sports team names on jackets) with my three letter monogram in a stylized script with thread to match my bed linens. I attached it with fabric glue and WOW! You could do hundreds of creative things on this "blank canvas." I also attached two sheer curtains on the poles near the headboard and tie them back. Elegant and lovely!
There is not one thing to complain about. The bed is very solid, having 7 feet for support, it does not move. I read that the balls that fit on top were problematic, not so, they installed easily and do not detract from the aesthetic of the bed. It is far and away the best value in the market. The instructions were very easy to follow and complete.
We had a little trouble with the instructions and as a result the lower bolts didn't align as promised, but in fairness, I think this was our mistake in following the instructions and not an issue with the bed. As others noted the plastic balls are cheap looking, but other than that, this bed is really lovely. We were extremely pleased and my daughter describes her new bed as "dazzling"!
I was looking for a canopy bed for my bedroom which has vaulted ceilings. I was hesitant to buy a bed online without seeing it in person, but after reading the reviews I decided to purchase. This bed looks great and was fairly simple to assemble. All parts are lettered and the instructions we easy to follow. The bed is sturdy and the fabric on the headboard is great. Would absolutely recommend!
I'm so glad I purchased this bed. It's perfect for my queen mattress and the design is simple, yet elegant enough to last for years. The backing is very smooth and beautiful and I noticed it's only attached by screws so recovering for different looks won't be a problem. I love it!
Decent quality frame - it's solid and looks more expensive that it is. My 1 complaint is that the little ball thingies intended to cover the ends of the canopy poles actually do not FIT. it looks really silly to have 3 smashed on crookedly and have one missing altogether because there was no way to manipulate it to fit. But overall, I like it.
Love love love this bed. I keep getting compliments by all who see it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great bed! Sturdy. (but the finials were cheap and I chose not to use them)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Bed was pretty easy to put together, took about an hour. Did it by myself. It has a very romantic modern feeling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nicely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, easy to put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This bed is outstanding quality for the price. It's solid and sturdy. Upon delivery and unpacking, there was a dent in the headboard. I contacted customer service and they sent the replacement part the same day. My wife had been looking for a canopy bed for some time. She's happy now and when she's happy, I'm happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
in the photo it looks like the bed sits low to the ground and works well w/no box spring. that was not the case for me. if i used just the top mattress it did not come up to the headboard, creating a gap. i had to use both box spring and top mattress, which worked out well, expect that the bed ended up being much taller than i wanted it. but i still love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks great and so far no issues w/the construction, after sleeping on it for about a year
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mattresses fit/look different than he photo suggests
I have been eying this bed for months and I'm so glad I broke down and made the purchase. I I love sleeping in this bed. I look forward to it every night. The bed is great quality for the price. The bed is grandeur but it's open and airy at the same time. I was able to put the bed together by myself however, I probably could have used some help at certain parts. The only reason why i gave it four was becasue the finials for the four posts are cheap looking plastic. But that's an easy replacement. Buy it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's pretty spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think this bed is pretty decent quality given the price. The finials however, are plastic. I'm getting replacements for those.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
Minus one star for some cosmetic damage to the polls, probably from shipping, and the fact that you MUST HAVE A BOX SPRING or wood or something to support the mattress. DO NOT build this by yourself, have someone to help you--mainly because it is big and wide an awkward. Fits perfectly in my apartment. Beautiful, modern look. Would certainly buy again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact.
I love this bed! It's stylish, young, and inexpensive. A great buy for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. I didnt like the plastic balls that were supposed to be placed at the four posts, so I just didn't put them on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
I have had this bed for a little over a month. The bed was not super easy to assemble, but it was doable. A few of the screw holes were misaligned, so I wouldn't assemble this if you have no experience with these types of things. I was able to pull them into alignment with help from another person. The finish on the poles seem to be a little bit uneven if you are looking closely, but its not something you can really notice if you arent looking for it. It is a great bed for the price. The backboard is sturdy enough to lay up against while watching TV etc. Its actually much sturdier than i expected it to be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good quality, definitely fitting of the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The Lauren bed is a good buy for its buck! The frame seems sturdy and it's finish is quite attractive. It does take two sets of hands to put together and the directions weren't perfectly clear for the canopy short section (but we figured it out). I'll probably redo the head board because it arrived with loose screws and unraveling fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was pretty accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame is pretty good quality but, the upholstered head board is quite crappy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was mostly accurate.
Even though this bed is not completely perfect, I love it. I was looking for a canopy bed with a delicate look, and the only other frames I found were well over $1,000. But this is a nice, sturdy canopy bed at a really great price. I have a relatively small bedroom with a tall ceiling, and this bed fits in perfectly. It fills up the vertical space, but because the frame is so thin and graceful (it is definitely not at all bulky, despite being a canopy bed), it does not make the room feel cramped at all. Also, the bed is elevated enough to provide ample room for under-bed storage, if you like. And last, if you are (or share a bed with) a person who is very tall, this bed is great because it does not have a footboard that comes anywhere close to the top of the mattress. Some drawbacks: Although the bed is well-made in the sense that it is sturdy and provides a good frame, the finish is a little cheap looking in some ways. The finish is matte, but it's faintly streaky once you see it in person (especially when you're scrutinizing each piece as you put the bed together)--and not in a beautiful, hand-rubbed way either. But since the color is so dark, that is not at all noticeable once the bed is put together and you're looking at it from a normal distance (even when you're lying in bed). Another thing that may be a deal breaker for some is that the finials are very cheap, round, plastic balls. I don't mind them too much because I rarely stare at the very top of the bed frame. However, they are definitely a bit of an eyesore, and I will be replacing them just as soon as I can locate finials the right size. Finally, the upholstered headboard is fine. However, as noted, it is beige, not white/ivory/cream as suggested in the photo online. Also, the fabric is not the best thing ever. It's basically the same fabric found on most affordable sofas. But it's unobtrusive and provides a good neutral backdrop for whatever bedding you have. All in all, if you're already thinking about getting this style of canopy bed, then this is definitely a great budget option.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Upholstered headboard is more beige in person, but it's still neutral
I purchase this canopy bed because of the fabric head board and the price. The overall look of the bed is cheap, the accent balls on the top of the bed post are plastic. Set up was easy the instructions states two people required for set up but I did it by myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on site was black but the actual metal looks like a dark bronze.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is cheap but for the price it is fair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The onsite discription is fairly acurate.