I purchased six of these umbrellas for a closed courtyard area of our building. Within 2 months, two of the umbrellas broke in half above the base at the connection of the table. The aluminum is very thin. I would not recommend these. The company was very nice and replaced the first one, but as they break I am going to replace them with a sturdier wood umbrella.
We bought 2 of these umbrellas. Upon taking the first one out of the box, I noticed a slight tear in the fabric at the top. It was not going to be noticeable, so we kept it. We had also bought the heavy weight starburst umbrella stands to go with it. The first day, one blew over, and the umbrella wasn't even up. Not really a windy day, either. At that time, the top of the outside pole bent. Anyway, we were having a party that day, so we just did our own repair work on it. It has held up since then. While I like the coverage it provides, the metal is pretty flimsy. Be uber-careful. The navy color is great.
We goth three of these umbrellas and within 60 days two of them broke. They are poorly made. About to try taking them back to the overstock store.... hoping for a full refund! I have other umbrellas in the same area that have lasted for years! Pass on this one!
The first day I put this umbrella up a slight wind pulled it right out of the table it was in. The pole is so light weight-thin aluminum. A few nights ago we had a rain storm and again there was some gusts (not severe at all) and it lifted out of the table again, hit the house, one of the arms bent. Then today I was looking at it and it's ripping by the area where the umbrella cloth is attached. After reading all these reviews I'm amazed how different my experience is and since looking I've seen much better deals , better quality out there. I have it weighted down now by a thing I've hung on the crank. Maybe I am just used to wood? Gotta say, overall, the construction is flimsy.
We ordered 3 of the $XXX.XX Blue Pacific Auto crank umbrellas. The auto crank works just by cranking harder in a clockwise motion after it is fully open. Two out of the three umbrellas, however, came with the tilt mechanism separated from it's top. The top was a ring sitting over two silver nubs. The bottom was a barrel shaped piece. By sliding the barrel shaped piece up the pole, and matching it's notches to the top piece, you could just snap them together again. Then the crank operation worked perfectly. Umbrella is a beautiful color (just as pictured). The fabic is strong,, but not heavy like canvas. The workmanship is excellent. There is a wind flap opening at the top, even though it does not show in the picture.
Great umbrella for a deck that gets lots of afternoon sunshine
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good- matched the others that I purchased last year perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent- I will ot buy a wooden pole umbrella so this one was perfect- blew over twice with no damage!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
One of the metal bars that support the umbrella broke and was completely un-usable right after we bought it. We always close the umbrella and tie it with a bungee to prevent wind damage, so that was not the reason it broke. It was already half way through the Summer and I didn't want to hassle with returning a huge umbrella--and pay for shipping it. We were left without an umbrella for the rest of the season. It was such a waste to put it out on the curb on garbage day. "Premium" umbrella--no way!! Do yourself a favor and go to a discount store and buy one for a lot less, so that if it breaks, you can take it back and get a new one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? inaccurate
Very impressed with quality and speed of delivery. Have not been disappointed with anything we have purchased from Overstock.com
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally
Get blue !! Looks great around the pool................I've got 7 of these and they sure are pretty. Make sure to keep closed when windy; since they can tilt, not as strong as a non-tilting one. Cool blue, the color suits you............
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just as blue as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nicely constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description