The quality of the patio umbrella leaves a lot to be desired. The material on parts of the umbrella itself were worn in places. The staining on the shaft & piece on top look like they were done by a blind man. I guess I will have to find the time to restain them. The price was excellent, but the product wasn't.
i ordered this for my rooftop in Venice, CA where it gets misty. the wood is a nice dark color and assembled easily. the umbrella itself is a great color, but the material is not that thick Sunbrella goodness. its on the lighter/thinner side, but DEF gets the job done. i've seen other umbrellas for close to $300, so for a third that price, i am pleased.
I Purchased 2. They arrived quickly and looked great and seemed to be quality made. The very next day was a moderately windy day, but umbrellas were shielded from the wind. The one least exposed to the wind snapped and broke (go figure) ... the other held up fine and still looks great -.maybe just a fluke. All the packing containers had already been thrown away or I would have taken the time to return. Life is too short and full for the hastle. If the manufacturer would like to send a replacement, I'll gladly send the broken one back and make a follow-up review of the product : )
I thought the material would be much thicker and constructed better - it is very thin and looks like it will tear easily, especially where the seams meet. The positive on this umbrella is the wood pole with the pulley system. I would be surprised if this umbrella lasted longer than one summer.
Well-built, but heavier material (spun poly) faded in two years from sun between Oct and April each season, i.e., faded in 21 months or less. Replaced their cheap downhaul after one year with marine 1/4" line. Now trying to re-dye it. The 8 Spoke-ends of umbrella are leather reenforced - great idea! Would buy again but expect fading in strong sun of many colors.
I bought this umbrella a year ago and left it outside for the rainy season which should not have been a problem. The pully system cord completed disintegrated and the White Umbrella attracked mold and mildew like flies. If you need to bring this out door umbrella in for the winter then its not an outdoor umbrella
I ordered this in the orange 2 yrs ago. The color was initially very vibrant. I loved it. It did fade significantly by the end of the summer. When I put it up the next year, it was more of a terra cotta. colot.. I still liked it. However a strong wind snapped the umbrella in half mid-way through the summer. I'm going to order another one because the price is good.
Love this umbrella; so well made and love the pully method of securing; however a big gust of wind caught it and one of the wood strips, on the frame, broke, so it caused the umbrella to droop on one side. However I was able to order another.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built and great color
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Most items I have received from Overstock have been of excellent quality and I had expected the same when I ordered the umbrella for our daughter and was very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product was of poor quality-matter of fact it arrived broken and I am waiting for reimbursement.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was not a Premium wood patio umbrella
I ordered 2 of these umbrellas for my patio and loved the color and overall look so much that I ordered 2 more. Unfortunately, they lasted about 2 weeks and one snapped clean in half and the other broke in 2 places after a light breeze knocked them over. Very disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was stunning
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not good
Umbrella arrived without pin to hold it up. instead of sending back and waiting another two weeks for umbrella to arrive, we used something else as a pin.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not true to color chart
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was OK, not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate except for color