You can't see it in the pictures or read it in the description, but this umbrella is made of finger-jointed wood stock. In less than one week, ours suffered a broken rib as a result of nothing more than opening and closing it. The problem is that the ribs are not solid, single pieces of wood. They made from scraps glued together, effectively. One of these glued joints falls right at a particular stress point in the design and let go. I've reglued it for now, but know that it won't hold. The rest of it is not very solid looking. The canopy fabric is light and gauzy almost. This thing would never survive if you left it open in a strong wind.
The umbrella is exactly as described...but the stand....is fantastic! It is so heavy, there is no way the wind will blow this one over! Very pleased with this item and of course the fast, easy transaction makes overstock my favorite place to shop!
These umbrellas and stands were a good find! I don't want a permanent patio cover as I want the light to come in the windows so this large umbrella and sturdy base are ideal for us. Easy to put up and bring down and they provide welcome shade from the desert sun.
This is pretty good value for a package deal. The umbrella looks good and seems sturdy. The base is not attractive but is really heavy and does its job. I'll probably spray paint it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
We needed to replace an umbrella that had blown away in a storm. I looked all over locally for end of season offerings from our local retailers. This umbrella beat all of their "sale prices" easily and was the same size and quality. If this umbrella goes the way of the last one, I know where I' going for a replacement!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
very poor quality!!!! I got on line to ask that a box be sent for the base as it was falling apart when it arrived. these items are in my SUV to send back and my car is in the shop as it had to be towed one week ago. I will send it back as soon as my car is returned. It is too heavy to cart in and out of the vehicfle. i have labels to return them and will have to go to the UPS store to be returned. If my car is not returned soon, I will have to lift that terribly heavy base to another vehicle to return along with the VERY SHEER UMBRELLA THAT IS JUST TERRIBLY THIN MATERIAL.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. awful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? awful
The quality of this item, which I purchased during 2010, has been durable enough structurally and the color hasn't faded on the covering. It is pretty large and covers most of my outdoor deck providing more than adaquet shade for myself and guests. I don't expect it to last forerever, but I've been pretty satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Won't withstand a hurricane, but more than durable enough for my needs!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
Once the umbrellat was set up the wind continually unscrewed the pole and the wood in the pole has warped in a very short time it has been up. In fact, I want my money back. I spent a little more money because I thought I was actually stepping up in value etc. but I am extremely dissatisfied with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no issue with color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this umbrella at first appearance looks to be okay. See notes below!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? idk
The umbrella was bigger than I thought and was pleasamtly surprsied with the quality. Would definitely order another one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The pole in the photo looks like wood. In person it looks like plastic. The stand is not the one shown in the photo. It is a flat, round, black plastic one. Very ugly.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? fir
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? no
I was a little disappointed in this product. The quality was nice, but the price was too high for what it was. I thought the umbrella tilted, but no. If it had, it might have been worth the hefty price, but the umbrella did NOT tilt; I found the same umbrella for half the price at the local Home Depot. Not my best purchase.
I just received this patio umbrella and am pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful product and I am stunned by the wonderful heavy stand that arrived with it. It was easy to put together and open (though be gentle). It looks wonderful over my patio table and I am considering ordering a second one. It is every bit as nice as the *** I've been looking at in my local patio stores.
The umbrella is very cheaply made. The canvas was very thin and the pole is not made of hard wood. Wouldn't last a year. The base on the other hand is adequate, solid and heavy for an this size umbrella. Ive seen better umbrellas for under $100.00 . I give O stock 5 stars for customer service. They took it back w/o problems.
okay for the price I guess. But had I known I would have to climb onto my table to take the pin in and out each time I wanted to open or close the umbrella, I would not have bought it. I cannot do this, so it stays closed unless someone else is over who can do so. We have to keep in closed due to high winds in our area.