The umbrella has been in use on a moderately windy deck overlooking the harbor many days since we got it. It is sturdy, inspires more confidence than the broken wooden one it replaces, and works smoothly. After living with it for two weeks, we ordered a second one to replace the other wooden one, which hasn't broken yet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, confidence-inspiring
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Just got two of these umbrellas in the dark green. The color is deep and beatiful as shown. The aluminum pole is sturdy and breaks down into two peices for easy storage. Most impressive is the collar tilt mechanism which allows even a smaller sized person the ability to tilt the umbrella (often the tilt mechanism is very high up the post). I have only had these items 2 weeks and am curious to see how they stand up to the many hot sunny days in So Cal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than anticipated. The mechanism for tilting is very easy to use.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good.
First I ordered this in taupe. When I received it, I thought is was too light to match our patio furniture so I got online and realized they had sent me the wrong color. It was beige. I called customer service and they said they would send me the correct color right away and sent me a return label for the umbrella they sent me in error. I waited over a week and never received the replacement umbrella so I called customer service back and found out the order had been cancelled because they did not have taupe. No one called to tell me I was waiting in vain and also made me question Overstocks ethics...I am sure when they sent me the wrong color to begin with it was due to them not having the color I ordered. This really ticked me off. I have ordered many items from overstock in the past and was very disappointed with their customer service and ethical conduct in dealing with being honest they were out of the product I ordered instead of putting me through the huge inconvenience I went through to end up with nothing. I sent the umbrella back and will wait until spring when the stores carry umbrellas again. As far as the umbrella goes, I would have probably kept the umbrella had they sent me the correct color. It was rather flimsy and I was a little concerned that a strong wind would be the end of it. I liked the tilt feature and it was easy to push the button and tilt it. The material was thin so I thought it would fade in the sun and possibly break if it was in a strong wind.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as site...not the color I ordered though
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rather flimsey