I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Very solid bed. They did an excellent job designing the bed--none of the bolts can be seen once the bed is assembled, just beautiful clean lines. Handsome dark brown/bronze color plays well with both my brown leather recliner and my black table and lamp accents. After laying the pieces out, it took less than an hour to assemble by myself. The allan key (provided) is the only tool you need.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to assemble, paint coating was even.
Overall I am pleased with the frame and the look. The frame sits very low to the ground, which I guess I would have seen if I studied the picture even closer. The big draw back for me is that I purchased the frame because it was listed as a platform bed, and I was intending to use it as such. I consolidated many furnishings, including bed frames and their mattresses, for shipment overseas and now find that I need a boxspring as well for this bed. This is a hassle and additional expense when living on an island where all goods need to be shipped in. I now see in the question section of the bed on Overstock, that someone else asked about it being a platform bed, and was told that it was not. So my obvious question is why the designation of "platform" is not changed on the Overstock website.
This is for you if you are looking for a sturdy and easy to assemble bed. Yes you read it right...it is very easy assemble to this bed as the tools required for it are included and you don't need any extra tool. I was very happy with the shipping too...there was no issue when i opened it up. Note: You will need a box spring or a flat board to support your mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly the same
This is queen size bed made of metal. It looks nice. Quality is good too. Came in two boxes and was delivered on time. Took about 45 min to put together. The main problem I had was the screws/nuts. The nuts would not fit the supplied screws. I just bought some and used those. The instructions are stupid and useless. You don't really need them. The support legs seem cheap and plasticky. Overall, OK value for the money. But the bed does not look expensive or super-stylish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality frame but screws don't fit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close enough
Like I said there is a fair amount of "slack" which causes the frame to rock approximately 1/2" or more depending on how much/how frequent motion is created on the bed. We had just purchased a new mattress (serta pillowtop) fits the frame well. The bed looks nice and seems to be sturdy, with the exception of the swaying movement. Watch out for the corners on the foot board. They are right at my knee level and are very unforgiving.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a little wobbly, I thought this was due to my husbands poor craftsman skills, but that was not the case. There is about an 1/2' of "slack" (for a lack of a better word).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Good sturdy bed, easy assembly. Color is light bronze, but worked out ok with our black furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a light bronze
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, color lighter than in picture
Decent bed for the price. Easy to assemble, even with one person. Does not squeak and weight is well-supported with center adjustable posts. The only disappointment is that the color is brown even though the pic looks black/espresso. The color is actually stated as "ember" whatever that is. My fault for not verifying, though.