I am thrilled with my purchase of the Matte Black 4-light Pillar Chandelier. It has a definite Potterybarn look at half the cost! The fixture arrived promptly and was well packaged so as to ensure nothing would break in transit - I was particularly worried about the pillar shades arriving in one piece - but they were well wrapped in bubble wrap and individual boxes for protection. My husband was able to quickly replace our old chandelier with this new one with no problems. The fixture is well made and looks high end. The color of the pillar light shades is just as shown in the photo - a very pale yellow/cream color. The metal "cage" is matte black as described. The pillar shades allow the fixture to give off a soft light above our dining room table. I'm very pleased with this purchase from Overstock!
Every confidence that this fixture will be in place for a long time. Pillars/ traditional lamp bases a nice contrast with the modern "cage" which is great for our mid-century transitional home decor. Shipped to us with extra shades in case of breakage (there was none!) which was very efficient and considerate. Welds all very neatly done and high quality; I might have chosen a sleeker rod-look mount rather than a chain for our purposes, but it works well so far!
We installed this light in our foyer and it is just beautiful - simple design makes it stand out. The design and quality of the light is spot on. Only problem we had was the vendor sent two extra globes but no hanging kit!! So that had to be purchased.
The only problem with this light is one of the sides came bent and my husband did his best to straighten it out to avoid the exchange process. We also shortened the chain and it looks perfect in our kitchen nook! It goes great with our rustic look in there. I love that you can make the candle holders look white or more yellow depending on which lightbulbs you use. Bright effects daylight lightbulbs make them look white.
The item is exactly as described. I was hoping the glass shades weren't as yellow as shown in the picture, however they are. I think the color makes the chandelier look cheap. But I am overall pleased with the item. I plan on painting the glass shades an ivory color. Installation was EASY.
Easy to put together. Ended up removing excess chains and hang it directly to the cap for a cleaner look. Comes with two extra lights in case there were damages during shipping. Very considerate. Very satisfied. Only complaint would be the metal frame itself is too loose to be put in your desired angle. It dangles.
The description was fair in that it had the overall dimensions of this light. The measurement were accurate but being a square light it just looks so big. I have it in my guest room with 10' ceilings and it's borderline too big but I think it looks great despite the size. It has a Pottery Barn look to it and will be fun as the centerpiece of the room.
We love the look of this chandelier. One note: The shades give off a bit of a yellow tint, they are not pure white. Installation was kind of a pain and we've installed many light fixtures, so we had some trial and error in connecting it. Our biggest issue was that two of the shades arrived in pieces, and though Overstock was very responsive, the 3rd party warehouse shipping the replacement parts was not. It took two months to get this issue solved, despite the great customer service at Overstock, the process as a whole was frustrating. So, overall, great product and very impressed with Overstock - but they're just a middle man so if there's an issue with the product, replacement parts will take a long time. Pictures of the installed light fixture in our dining room:
I took a chance and ordered this for our foyer. I liked that it was open with no glass. Unfortunately it looked too cheap and I returned it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was black, as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I thought the quality was poor. It was very cheap looking.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurately described.
Very pleased with the updated chandelier for dining room of condo. I took other reviewers advice and purchased slightly heavier chain. We hung fixture so that lines of frame hang on 45 degree angle (rather than square) to walls in room. It looks fabulous!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I felt the quality was compatible with my expectations.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
I bought this light fixture to hang in front of my living room picture window. It looks great. The quality of the product is awesome and looks a like I paid a lot more money than I did. LOVE getting a great deal - this is a great deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, solid frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Fell in love with an Ethan Allen light that was very similar but the $500 price was over my budget. After installing this light I liked it even more than the Ethan Allen one and had enough $ left over to buy 2 additional new lights for our home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? shades are a creamy beige and do not have a green tint that appears in photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This was a great bargain. Looks great in our dining room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality for the Price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate