First lamp worked for about 10 minutes, then not. Replacement lamp arrived promptly but the finial on the harp that holds the lamp shade seemed to have stripped, I kept it anyway because a small wedge of wooden match fixed the problem. The lamp is lovely. The stone base has a sort of verdi-gris finish and is very expensive-looking. I am using it in a dining room that is painted walls in pale taupe and has a rug with dull blues, pale gold, and accents of chocolate. The lamp is very heavy, therefore, unlikely to be knocked over by accident. I am pleased with this beauty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 2nd time, better, but.....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We were very disappointed - the stone was more green - but the top and base were painted black - nothing like the bronze advertised. Sending it back and will pay the costfor shipping - which is irritating because it's not the same lamp they had in the picture and description.
Bought lamps for my family room. Was surprised when I open up the box, as they more more sage green than the cream showed in the picture, but ended up matching. The base is solid and the shade is a micro suede, which looks really nice. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Product more green (sage) then it shows in the picture.
Great lamps with an expensive look. Be aware that the color is actually a green stone and not the gold/cream as advertised.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? My only complaint was the color. I really wanted a gold color and these were definitely green with some gold tones.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Except for color the description was accurate.
I am giving this lamp a 3-star rating due to the color. The picture seems to show a brown/tan base. I read in some of the reviews that it had a green tinge. When I opened my lamps, it is more than a tinge! They are green! And not a green that matches anything I have. I'm not sending them back because I hate sending things back. They are nice quality but I'm going to have to think about what to do with them because of their color. It's a shame because they would have been absolutely perfect if they were tan/brown or only had a slight greenish tinge.
Nice lamp. Very heavy. Nice shade. Very solid looking. As per previous reviews the lamp itself is a myriad of colors most notably seafoam greenish/bluish with flecks of mocha brown. Colors work for my decor is fine, My only complaint is that the material used has a "stone" almost pa[er mache quality look to it which is fine and makes for a solid looking and heavy lamp but a few parts of the lamp have parts where the "stone" has not exactly adhered to the lamp itself and stands away from it like the adhesive did not stick. Easy fix with crazy glue. Would recommend it though, as a rugged look because of layering of the "stone" material.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Inaccurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality; heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Website description inaccurate regarding color; reviews are accurate.
Very quick delivery, heavy lamp, interesting, nice quality however was expecting more of an earthtone/goldish/tanish color of slate as shown in the picture. What I received was a green/rust color slate. Quite a variation. Will keep it though, I do like it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was not close to the one shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
If you're looking for a quality lamp with a contemporary look, but elegant, as well, these will definitely be a perfect choice. High quality and perfect for family room, living room or even a bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Amazingly, the color of these lamps were perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are a very high quality lamp. Very heavy, won't tip over and work well in a contemporary setting even though they are a more traditional style.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of these lamps online, was very accurate.
I was totally shocked...the lamps could easily be sold for over $300 apiece. They were used in model home and everyone loved them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Much better than expected!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very well
I am in the minority. I was expecting so much more from this lamp. I ordered two. One of the lamps was really oddly shaped. The slate on one side was almost concave....yes, I know it is slate, but it looked like big chunk was missing. I returned them. In addition, I really did not like the overall look. They are very heavy lamps, though.
I bought two of these for my family room. As other reviewers had stated there is a fair amount of green in them. That's not a problem for me. They are natural slate and the two i have are each a little different. I think it enhances the fact that they're natural. I like them a lot.
Have to agree with other reviews, the color is not what is shown in the picture. The base is actually more gray/green than taupe/ivory. However, in our instance, this worked in our favor. The lamps were for use on our nightstands and the room is primarily taupe and teal/green. Nice heavy base and attractive. Another happy purchase from an Overstock groupie.
I gave the lamp a "good" rating on quality due to the switch which was loose and had a tendency to fault. I replaced it with a $* switch from *** and now the lamp is perfect. It is very heavy and very true to the colors shown. Mine did have a little more green/grey streaks due to the nature color of some slate. The shade is very nice and offers a soft light when using a 3-way bulb. I have it sitting on top of an antique stain buffet from Ikea and it really brings out the wood grain and antique stain tone.
I was so very pleased with this lamp. It is so tasteful and elegant......goes with my room and furnishings perfectly. Even the finial is beautiful when lamp is on! The color is a mixture of soft blues, greens' and taupe and is natural stone...very heavy and impressive.
Very excited when my lamps arrived. They were very easy to assemble and I couldn't wait to put them on my night tables. They were slightly more bluish than in picture but for my decor they are perfect. Happy I found them. They were comparable to one i had seen that was far more expensive.
First the slate used was not very nice looking, the seems where it was joined were bad, you can see saw marks on one end because the way it was put together. The metal on the base looks cheep and did not fit the stone well so the gaps were filled to match the same color of the metal but it looks bad. The shade is so ugly and cheep looking. Would not recommend