I loved the simplicity of this water goblet. It would not be easily knocked over. It is small for a water glass but as a result it would also be suitable for wine or other drinks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? clear with good clarity
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good sturdy quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
At first I was a little disappointed because they really are a little small. They felt great in my hand. Heavy and of good quality, I kept them and now I just love the glasses. I would recommend them but if your hung up on having a large glass this is not the item for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The goblet stated capacity is 9 ounces. However, when filled to the very rim, the goblet holds 7 ounces and the real usable capacity is more like 6 ounces. This was a major disapointment for me and the primary impetus for this review. If I had known the true capacity, I would not have made this purchase.
These glasses serve as fine everyday wine glasses as far as I'm concerned. They stand up to rough and tumble treatment, they're an authentic traditional design and they look good with heavier china (mine is vintage hotel ware). I first bought these glasses at a set sale for the movie Cinderella Man starring Russell Crowe. In the movie, you can see them on the table in the press conference scene. I've also purchased the flutes in this range - they're delightful. I've been unable to find the Le Perigord range for sale in Canada. Thank you Overstock!