We added a room on to house by the contractor that did the work did a bad job on adding a vent for cooling and heating off main AC/HEAT Unit This unit is very good for this size of is 10X20 keeps it nice and cool and it can get breal cold if I want it to
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same, Bought it at Home Depot
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far no problem brought in July of 2011
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I have LG 14,000 but portable air conditioner that I purchased from overstock.com and it is running great. I needed extra ac for basement but didn't need bigger one. My basement was miserable in the summer and winter months! but now we are very comfortable. LG portable AC has great features and cools my 500 sf.ft basement. I highly recommended this product and fast shipping from overstock.com.
Living in Florida, I was concerned about storms hitting and losing power for long periods of time. I realized I could do without a lot of things, except air conditioning. I have a generator and so can connect this unit to it if power is lost. Tried this product and it worked very nicely. Everyone I show this to likes it and is thinking about getting one for themselves.
This refurb didnt work at all, no cold air came out. Overstock quickly sent out a new unit and took the first one back, with a paid-for return label. When the unit works, it does the job great. i have it in a finished attic room that can get quite hot, despite insulation. 10 x 20 room with slanted ceilings. This unit cools it down awesome and the settings are very convenient. Would have given it 5 stars if not for the fact that they sent me a non working refurb to begin with. First time i ever had a problem with a refurb, usually they are like new... not this time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This unit was much larger than I expected. Its portable but I had to clean my carpet every time I moved it beacuse it leaked water even after I drained it. It got me through the 100 degrees days when my a/c went out but 2 weeks later I decided Id rather just invest in a new central a/c unit.
The box was heavy, but once unloaded, it was easy to install the vent into the window, plug in the unit and VOILA, done. Super easy. Very cold air. Nice unit. It's on wheels, but, I wouldn't want to lug it up and down stairs. I am completely happy with the sleek look, the easy install, and the output of cold, cold air.
Love this a.c. It works great for my guest room--where I cannot place a unit in the window. I have whole house air, but units upstairs since the dual system is not perfect. It does a great job of keeping a room the right degree of cool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I didn't use this product and returned it because my neighbor had a similar model and it did not cool her living room very well. She used it along with a fan to keep her pets cool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good