low end product.. was missing one foot ( could not get a local exact replacement) and the unit makes a lot of noise when it runs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. missing feet, and noisy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I sent as a gift to daughter and son in law. It was a little noisy when first plugged in, but I think that has subsided. Other than that, it is everything they wanted and cheaper than what was on amazon!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? sent as a gift-don't know
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. works well so far-sent as a gift to family
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? family is satisfied
Very quiet - nice size - beautiful piece! We keep this in a corner of the dining room and you can hardly notice it, it is that quiet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great, no complaints
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
so far very pleased with product purchase. good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far so good. very quiet.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Got this fridge, it fit my space perfectly. The top (cooler) section has now a max low temp of a bout 52-54 degrees, it doesn't regulate well at all. The bottom (reds) sections hold at room ambient temps if not warmer. It fluctuates drastically and I've seen it up at 78/79 degrees easily. Lasted 3-4 months working great and then does not fucnction no matter how much space I give it. It has 2-3 " on sides and 5-6" in back. I wouldn't buy it again. XXXXXXX
I absolutely LOVE our wine fridge. It's perfect and holds so much! We were nervous because many reviews said the fridge was way too loud. I have never noticed this. When I am next to it, I notice that it does make a soft hum, but certainly nothing all that loud or distracting. Definitely not a reason to pass on this deal!
I purchased this wine cooler after a previous wine cooler had failed after only one year. This unit is extremely quiet, and chills the bottles of wine separately in the two zones, allowing for different white and red storage temps. the racks allow for easy placement of most bottles of wine. A few wines, with unusual bottle shapes making them a wider diameter need to be placed with a space between the bottles, but that is the only weakness.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is black and silver - just like advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased! the unit is quiet, and fits easily in the space I had planned based on the advertized dimensions.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
If you can afford better product, don't buy this fridge. The temperature contol is very difficult to operate and the label for the zones was on upside down. They need a little QA, apparently. It is doing the trick for me and fits nicely in the space I had, but I'd like to upgrade eventually.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So-so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Clear
Folks, know what you're getting into. I purchased this product after receiving several nice bottles of wine from a friend clearing a cellar. It works exactly as described and got to the appropriate temperature quickly. It worked fine...and then stopped working entirely about two weeks after the warranty expired. This is a common issue on every site I've seen this product on. Edgestars are simply not designed for long-term ownership. Please take my advice and just spend *** more on something reliable. I gave the product two stars rather than one simply because i had no issues during the 1st year i owned it. Anyone need a paperweight?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This 18 bottle wine refrigerator is well made, sturdy and sleek. The lighted digital temperature read out is easy to see and easy to set. Although basically happy with my purchase there are 2 things that I would have preferred. The manufacturer allows more spaces for red wine in the bottom zone than white in the top. The temperature control is set up so that just putting the white on the bottom doesn't work as the temp range is different. The only other thing is the depth of the unit, as taller bottles keep the door from closing. Overall I'm satisfied with this wine refrigerator.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? This is a well made, sturdy wine refrigerator with good looks.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Space Saving and very well constructed- this purchase was a step up from a single temp unit. Plenty of room for odd bottles, runs quietly and holds the temperature even in hot Florida!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Perfect
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Very Much So
Bought this wine cooler and thought it would be perfect. Thermoelectric is an energy saver, it was supposed to be quiet (although online reviews told us it wasn't "whisper quiet") and with the dual zones, we could store reds & whites at the appropriate temps. But hubby was happy, so I was happy. . . Then we realized that it never stopped running. Contacted EdgeStar, they told us this was normal for the unit. The sound got louder. The smell started. EdgeStar told us this was typical for the "breaking in" period and we should move the unit to a place where it had more room (as opposed to the 2" of clearance it had, which was twice the required amount). The burning smell got so bad that I kept unplugging it. Finally, it died, after only 4 months. EdgeStar spent 6 months jerking us around, sending out various circuit boards (none of which worked), then told us we were out of luck because the unit was out of warranty. Do NOT buy this unit! At this point, I'm looking for a replacement, but don't even trust EdgeStar as a manufacturer anymore.
I bought this wine cooler for my son for Christmas. He hasn't had it long enough to give it 5 stars but so far, all is well. He states that the cooler cooled quickly and that both cooling zones were working well. Because of the various reviews, I purchased the 2 year replacement warranty. Hopefully my son will not have to use the warranty.
The chiller arrived without any damage and has worked well the 3 weeks we've had it. Yes, the fan is a bit noisy, but so far it looks like a great purchase. This replaced an ugly and defunct trash compactor installed in our kitchen, so even if we leave it unplugged, it's an improvement.
This is a great wine cooler, just as advertised. However, the noise it makes caused us to put it in our laundry room behind closed doors. It does not cycle on and off (like a refrigerator) but runs constantly to keep the wine cool. Be aware that if you're sound sensitive, or have the cooler in an open area, the sound may be annoying.
The wine fridge was delivered within a couple of days of ordering it. No problems, and in perfect condition. Negatives: It doesn't hold tall bottles of wine - like a riesling. Biggest negative: The fan runs constantly and can be distracting and noisy unless your brain tunes it out. Still a good buy for the price.
I ordered this as a wedding present for a young couple with a small apartment. The price was fantastic, the delivery quick, and the couple says that the compact size fits perfectly in their small place. They thought it was a plus that it had dual temp storage areas for white & red wines. I will remember Overstock.com for future wedding present shopping.