The sink, glass surfaces, and faucet were the only items of good quality. All other parts were thin/cheap, and the unit is not stable, especially if your walls aren't flat. Teh items came packed well, however, the instructional directions are HORRIBLE. We guessed through a lot of it. It does look nice when finished, but I am telling everyone not to lean against it! I was excited by the price when I found it, but I now see why. You are paying for the beautiful glass, nothing else. I fully anticipate having to replace the stand up unit in the future in case it gets bumped. I am sure we'll be able to continue using the vessel sink and glass surface if I can find a better method to hold it all up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it looks like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The sink, glass surfaces, and faucet were the only items of good quality. All other parts were thin and the unit is not stable, especially if your walls aren't flat. The instructional directions are HORRIBLE. It does look nice when finished, but I am telling everyone not to lean against it!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Have not had the opportunity to finish assembling yet, but be aware before purchasing this product that the term "instruction manual" would not be applicable. Upon opening the package, the single written sheet in the box instructs the purchaser to go to Kokol's website for their "instruction manual" - turns out their instruction manual is simply photos of the fixture with minimal description at best on the website. I also discovered in the hardward package I was missing the bolts to attach the chrome base legs to the main support section, and upon trying to call the Kokol's phone number given to remedy, I simply got voice mail, and couldn't speak to any live representative. I'm putting my sink in a garage bathroom - it is definately not a product I would recommend to anyone wanting to put a "nice" fixture in their home.
Lack of no instructions, made a simple project time consuming. However after laying out, and creating a list of the items it made assemble simple and the design understandable.. Some of the plumbing pieces are of poor quality and were replaced. The item was well packaged and everything arrived safe. Used for a powder room and it does make a conversation piece. It is quite attractive, creates more space. and the wife loves it. Good value and design for the cost..
I purchased this unit for our master bathroom, I received in 2 packages well packed in good condition. Went to the website, download the pdf, very easy to be installed by our plumber. The waterhose & plumbing will be exposed, I bought some aluminum sheet to cover the plumbing part, The set looks gorgeous. The set + my new hardwood flooring made my bathroom looks expensive & modern. I love the set.
love the finished product. the overall look is very striking.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the wooden area looked brown but in reality it is black. that was no problem for us- we were planning on painting it black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the glass is magnificent. truly 1/2 inch thick and the edges are finished beautifully.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the information given was adequate. we had to wait to recieve the product to determine where the pipes needed to be placed. the instrudctions for installation are a joke. luckily for us our plumber is good at putting together puzzles
You would think there are only a handful of vanity designs if you consider the box stores and bath shop offerings. It's so refreshing to redefine the bath space with elegant Modern design. The glass is exceptional and the chrome is better than I expected. I paired with a chrome plumbing kit and water source tubes for a clean install. The wood side panel on my delivery was black and I merely used a Cappuccino colored gel stain. After a couple seal coats,it looks fantastic. The install? You really don't need instructions as the vanity design itself will help you to know what goes with what. All in all a very beautiful piece, quite unique and a real attention grabber. My bath is ultra modern and this works perfectly.
In the end it looks good and bathroom appears larger because of the glass. But the fact that there were NO INSTRUCTIONS that came with the package. You had to go online and print them out. Plus 90% were all pictures and the quality of the pictures was very poor. I got more use out of the pictures that Overstock website then the instructions from the manufacture. If you are NOT mechanically inclined then I would NOT recommend this for you.
I was attracted to the "Italian" design of the whole Kokols product line BUT...the cheap materials and even missing small parts and impossible "instructions" spoil the whole experience. Anything saved on the value (which is good), and the contemporary design is wasted on all the negatives. Do not assume that this is a DIY project to install, unless you are very savvy with tools and materials. All of your talents will be challenged. Fair warning, now go ahead and see what happens! :)
THE fixtures was not well assembled.I PURCHASED them from the hardware store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? AVERAGE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FAIR
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? FAIR