I really expected a mixer with scratches even though reading the reviews everyone said how brand new theirs was. Well it's true. Every time I have visitors I show them my mixer and tell them its refurbish and how much I paid at Overstock. com. No one believe me, they say it looks too good to be true. Then I smile and say "but it's not too good to be true"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked better when I opened the box and saw how beautiful it looked.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have used it twice so far and I love it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? You hit it on the nail.
This is my second refurbished Kitchenaid mixer and this one is an upgrade from the first. I had the first one 10 years and just gifted it to a very grateful friend. I've used this Pro Series one twice in the few days since I got it and it works just as you would expect from a new one. With the option of an affordable extended warranty there is no reason not to buy refurbished and save loads of money. I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Same as new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am so pleased with this product, much more than I would have thought and the color blends so well with my stainless steel appliances that I keep it out, it is not a eyesore like the old one...I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. like brand new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought the kitchen aid Bowl mixer for my wife a refurbished one ( half the price) and it works great. I was e pecting for it the have some scratches of tell sings that it had been us but it looks better then new. My wife is very happy with it and it performance I will deffenetly recommend it to anyone great purchase
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality better then new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
This was a birthday present for my daughter in the military! Free shipping made it even better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target
I received this as a Christmas gift last year and I have used it often since then. I've made everything from cakes to pizza dough like a pro. I was a little leery about it being factory refurbished, but I have never had any trouble at all with the machine. The paint was perfect on it, and it runs like a scalded dog. The price was amazing, so don't pass up the chance to own this machine.
The claim that "every product we sell as Reconditioned or Refurbished must pass a thorough examination" does not seem to be accurate. Before I even removed the mixer from the packing box I could see that the attachment hub cover was not secure. I removed the knob and screwed it in again, but it will not hold the hub cover in place. This isn't enough to make me pack up and send back the mixer, but it is a bit annoying. The mixer itself is scratch-free and looks new other than this problem. I like the color a lot -- I was afraid that "silver" would be shiny, but it's a nice matte finish. So far I have only used it to beat egg whites and blend them into waffle batter. The lift-up bowl feature is new to me, and will take some getting used to. One disadvantage from the tilt-head model is that you cannot leave the beaters above the bowl to let batter drip down into the bowl. Also, the "tabs" that hook the bowl in place seem to preclude getting other bowls and storing them inside each other -- I'm not sure this mixer offers the option to purchase various sized bowls anyway. In my quest to replace my 12-year-old KitchenAid Classic mixer, the motor of which burned out the first time I used an attachment (the pasta roller), I initially ordered another slightly more powerful new KitchenAid Classic. The lock to hold the motor head in place while the mixer is operating didn't work, so I sent it back (side note: Overstock.com was great to work with in this process, which is why I ordered from there again). Between those two problems and now this one, I think the KitchenAid brand is simply not what it used to be. I wouldn't pay the $400 -$500 that this mixer would cost brand new; time will tell if the refurbished model was a good choice.
I bought this mixer for my son who just got his first off-base apartment. My family has been in the food service industry for generations and we have always relied on KitchenAid/Hobart equipment. So, I thought this would be a great gift for my son and will probably last him a good long time. He has followed family tradition and loves to cook. This mixer has enough power to mix without the worry of burning the machine up. Now my son can make pasta and bread just like mom! I have purchased many refurbished products and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of this KitchenAid purchase; so much so, I actually bought myself the 6 qt a week later.
I have wanted a stand mixer for years. I over analyze decisions like this. I have been all over the web reading reviews. I have a perfectly good hand mixer and couldn't justify the significant investment of a kitchenaid before I found this on O. Let's face it, if I'm going to buy something like this it better last me for 30 years! So, I decided against the Artisan model, even with its array of colors, because I wanted something than wouldn't go out of style and was made of all metal parts too. That's when I settled on the Pro 5. I get a great mixer for a refurbished price. Honest, this this could pass as brand-spanking new. I've made cookies, ice cream, blue cheese dressing (because I could), and cinnamon rolls. LOVE IT, and don't regret my decision a bit. I hope I don't jinx myself by saying that, but I really see myself doing a lot more homemade stuff in the kitchen because I can do more multi tasking. Happy shopping
Excellent product!!! I have enjoyed using my new mixer.. So easy and convent to make cakes, breads, mashed potatoes.. I was having trouble with the strength n my arms and hands holding a hand mixer.. This product has made my kitchen duties easier. My French bread, my banana nut bread, and my very blueberry cake were Devine.... I do recommend to purchase the pouring shield for your mixer. The pouring shield helps to get flour, milk, eggs etc. in while mixer is running and not splatter everywhere. I just don't know why I waited so Long to purchase my KitchenAid.. I am loving it, and so is my husband.. He gets to eat all the things I make!!!!!
My daughter is very happy with this new addition to her kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? THe color was just what we wanted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. there was no difference from a brand new model
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? No hidden surprises
Looked and asked questions at stores that sell different models and found out that the wattage was important. So, when this model with a higher wattage was available I was ready to purchase. Immediately made a cheesecake. This taxed our previous OLD mixer. The Kitchen Aid was not at all bogged down by the ingredients and the cheesecake was ready for the oven in no time. So far, really happy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems sturdy and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I did not love this mixer. It was inconvenient to use with the Bowl-Lift mechanism. It also did not seem to mix all the ingredient when I tried it. I would not recommend this mixer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was okay, but it did not seem to incorporate all the ingredients
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was spot on