Bought this to replace a twelve-year old KitchenAid blender that burned out from a recent ice grinding session. I considered a variety of different models, but went with the KitchenAid model because of the longevity of the previous blender and the fact that the blender had a glass, rather than polycarbonate, container. The ice grinding mode is a nice touch... it automates that start-stop process you need to get the ice to the bottom of the blender and makes the grinding less laborious. So far, so good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cosmetically perfect, packed in factory refurbished box.
I'm so happy I finally bit the bullet and bought a more expensive blender. 7 years ago, I bought a $20 blender. It was a piece of crap. This, however, is awesome. It makes smoothies so well. It's powerful and efficient. I personally don't see why anyone would spend $400 on a vitamix when they could just buy this fantastic Kitchen Aid blender. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality. The base of this blender is heavy - that's a good sign to me. The glass carafe is high quality. I like things made out of real materials, not cheap plastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Had never ordered a refurbished product before. This blender is very high quality. It was impossible (in my case) to tell if this blender had ever been used. It has an extremely powerful motor and blends a smoothie in seconds. I can't imagine having a better quality blender. If anything, it's almost too heavy-duty - if that's a downside.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was accurately portrayed from the web pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Extremely heavy weight and heavy-duty.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This is a nice looking blender. I bought it to match my KA stand mixer. I use it mainly to make smoothies. Although, the motor is powerful but it can't seem to blend everything smoothly. For instance, I have used this blender several times to make blueberry, strawberry and banana smoothies. I put one cut up banana, a handful of blueberries and 6 average size strawberries in the blender. I pressed the puree setting and then let the blender run for 1 minute. When I poured the smoothie out of the jar, I found large chunks of banana stuck on the blade. I also have an over flow incident because the lid does not have a good seal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is built heavy and sturdy. The motor is powerful. A glass jar is a plus.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Farily accurate