I assumed that a food processor advertised as 7-cup would have a usable capacity of 7 cups. Such a huge disappointment to unpack this item and find the usable capacity was more like 2 cups. This made the processor unusable for my needs. The good news is, other than having to pay $XX.00 for return postage, the entire return process was very simple and efficient. Unlike many other company return policies, credit was issued to my account the same day the item was received in Overstock warehouse. Thanks Overstock!
The description failed to mention that all the parts might not be included. This processor new comes with 2 sizes of bowls, 7 cups and 3 cups, but the one I received only came with one size, 7 cups. After receiving the product I went to *** and they had the same item brand new for only $$$ more. So by time I paid for shipping I saved only $$$ and I have a refurbished machine instead of new. I should have looked around locally first before making purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate
The body is heavy duty and works perfectly. However, I'm a bit dissapointed in the thin flimsy plastic of the actual container. I just don't think it's going to hold up well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I can't imagine that it will hold up for years to come. It seems nothing is made to last anymore.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
I am always nervous buying something that's been 'refurbished', but this was such a good price I couldn't pass it up. My previous processor was 15 years old, still working, but taking up too much storage space so I needed to down-size. This is just the right size, works beautifully, stores nicely and came 2 days after I ordered it! Wow! Just can't say enough how great the quality and shipping of O.co products are!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect condition!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was exact.
great product looks brand new ..even tho refurbished...fast shipping
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
A solid well built machine smooth running. Easy to clean only has 4 parts to wash extra attachments to this would really be a plus consider buying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I found the product description well written. The processor arrived promptly and in excellent condition. I chose the 7 cup size as that just about does it for all of my small household. It's a great machine and the process of getting it was so convenient.
I love the processor it's easy to assembly and is a champ to use. I've made pizza dough and cranberry relish and the processor worked like a charm. The 7 cup is just the right size...not too big and not too small. I would recommend this KitchenAid product all day long!
When we purchased the refurbished food processor I was a bit nervous that we were gambling and it would stop working, but this little gem gets used several times a week (and up until our recent purchase of a stand mixer, we made all kinds of bread and pizza dough in it) and is still going strong. In retrospect, I would have bought a 9-cup, but the 7-cup is a good compromise if you have limited storage.
I love most of this processor, it does a tidy quick seamless job at slicing, shredding & chopping. Food does get stuck in the double rings of the lid, annoying. Also there is only 1 choice in the size of slicing & shredding, it really could use an extra disc for smaller shred & larger slice, other than that, it's been great!
I had another food processor for over 25 years and needed to replace it. The last one was a top of the line product and served me very well. I purchased this Kitchenaid processor really because I do like Kitchenaid products. I was a bit disappointed with the bowl size, but it works very well. It is more difficult to assemble than my last one and that can be a bit irritating, but I'm 64 and things are generally more difficult than they were in the past anyway. In other words, its probably me, not the appliance. For most of today's cooks, this will work very well. I'm a scratch cook and use my appliances more than most folks. It's a fine appliance over all.
We use our food processor a lot. I had purchased another brand and the bowl broke within a week. It also had a very light weight base. When I contacted the company, they never returned my email. With my past experience with Kitchen Aid brands, I ordered this one. It is wonderful. Chops food quickly and does not bounce all over my counter. I know I can trust the Kitchen aid brand and if necessary I can find parts for it.
We have had this unit for a good 8 years. The base and motor, no problem, but we are now on our 3rd mixing bowl and second lid. The handle parts are cheap Chinese garbage that WILL BREAK even with careful use. At a good $XX a pop, purchase something that will last!