I didn't even take it out of the plastic; I was already disappointed. Does it not appear to have a black top in the picture?! It certainly does to me! Well, the top is stainless. I wanted black, overall. Not 50-50. The next thing I noticed was that the bottom knob was broken off! Really?! Replace the knob, THEN sell it to me. I couldn't even pop it on just for the sake of putting it back together. I also noticed that the bottom-right corner of the stainless "frame" around the glass door was lifting up a bit, and I can see fabric (or flesh.. ) getting caught on that at times. And it wasn't 100% clean, either (maybe 98-99%), which is the EASIEST thing to do to refurbish an item. On the plus side -- what kept me from giving it one star -- it IS a good size oven, from what I could tell. For me, it most certainly wouldn't have been too big. While I didn't examine each in turn, I did like that it came with several different racks. Options and extras are always a plus. Overall, I think it has a very classy style. I also thought the idea of having the handles on the sides was cool. The few times you need to pick it up and move it (like when cleaning the counters underneath), that would come in handy. Despite the plusses, I just can't say I'd recommend it. I expected better. $50 isn't top-of-the-line, but it also isn't cheap. Sigh. Back to the drawing board...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not what it appears. The top appears black in the pictures, but it's stainless. I wanted a BLACK (overall) toaster oven.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bottom knob was broken off (literally broken)... I couldn't even put it back on, even if I wanted to "make do."
This refurbished toaster oven is a great deal. I like to use this in lieu of my full-size oven a lot, as I'm only cooking for one. Some foods are so much better in the oven than the microwave, and this little toaster oven is convenient and fast. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it's nicely made and does a great job of toasting, baking, and re-heating. Very pleased with it.
I admitt, I had to send this back. Not because it was faulty but because it was pretty big in size. I did take the measurements but it is BIG. you could use this oven and never use your built in or stove oven.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very much so.