I had initially ordered the Pro model but had to return it as it didn't fit under my kitchen cabinet and was too heavy for me to move around. The Artisan Series is just right and has plenty of power --which is why I ordered the Pro model -- for any baking or cooking projects of mine. I would like to have a smaller bowl in addition to the one that comes with the mixer. I will look into ordering one as it would be better for mixing smaller amounts of batter, etc. I very pleased with my purchase and will no longer need to borrow my son and a friend's KitchenAid mixers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as represented.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is first rate. A powerful motor to make bread dough or whatever.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very helpful and accurate.
Again, as always I received my mixer faster than expected, well-packed with everything in place. The price cant be beat, a cool hundred dollars less than anywhere and with a rebate which upped the value to include additional items for free. I ordered the " Majestic Yellow" which is really a better color than pictures show; its really a very nice rich "butter" color and looks great in my kitchen.
My husband is the baker in our family, and he has been wanting a KitchenAid mixer for a long time. The quality is amazing, and it looks so pretty when it gets left sitting on the counter. I am certain that this machine will last us many years, and with the OverStock Thanksgiving sale, this was a great purchase.
I've always wanted one of these so when it was on special, I went for it. First of all, it's a gorgeous soft yellow. I didn't even glance at the directions, just started using it but when I was done, I did have to look up how to remove the beater to wash it. The only thing I've made so far is zucchini bread. It was so effortless and came out perfect. Can't wait to try something else.
Bummer - I thought if I spent enough $$ that I could get a kitchenaid that I could use for bread dough (after my previous kitchenaid died while trying). Nope, this one doesn't work for that either (and I'm making an average consistency dough - nothing that should be too hard). I have an old industrial type mixer that I'll use for bread and I guess I'll keep this one on the counter for "show" and for things that don't take much umph.....
Got it in majestic yellow, just the right shade; not to bright but to light either. This mixer makes it easier for my kiddos to help whip up some treats. They first thing I made was home made marshmallows, without the mixer I would not have been able to do it, as you had to whip the liquid for 30 minutes; they turned out fabulous! The ONLY thing I do not particularly care for is the shield, it's just plastic and kindof just gets in the way most of the time. If the shield locked on to the bowl it would be much better. I love this mixer and would make the purchase again, great job Overstock on price and shipping!
My daughter won a KitchenAid mixer in a raffle. When she moved back home, I got the pleasure of using her mixer. Since the holidays were coming, I knew my husband was looking to buy a mixer for me. When Overstock had them on sale, I ordered one for him to give me for Christmas...(one way to get what you want). I have not yet opened the box and used my mixer. The only complaint I have is that the mixer should come with the paddle that scrapes the bowl as it mixes. Currently, it is one that needs to be purchased separately.
We wanted to get a KitchenAid for our wonderful boss, who bakes a cake for each of our birthdays... she was still using an old mixer from the 80's! She was thrilled and so are we!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid KitchenAid quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
This mixer looks so pretty in my daughter's kitchen! It arrived in mint condition and in great packaging. I like the motor size, the color, the design. I appreciate the Made-in-America factor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
This is a wonderful color for a great kitchen classic. I'm looking forward to many happy hours with my mixer. It is so convenient to have things delivered directly to your door.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Rich, buttery color. Just like in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This mixer is heavy, well made and has many safety features.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Powerful enough for needs of family; I have tried all kinds of mixing for baking and cooking and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this mixer for making all kinds of baked goods, and mashing potatoes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described