The pasta roller worked perfectly, just like it should. I was able to roll out the dough without any problems and it didn't rip or tear any holes in the dough. The spaghetti cutter was great although if you are wanting to make a spaghetti that is more true to the size you have to roll the dough a little bit thicker so that it is more rounded. I haven't used the fettuccine cutter yet but I have no doubt that that will work just as well as the other two.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was great. Very solid and much better than some other pasta rollers I've seen
Got these for my husband, tried them out as soon as the box arrived. Very heavy, good quality and true to description. Be sure to watch the video (found one on Youtube), definitely helps the first time using the roller, got some good tips and tricks. Takes a little getting use to rolling the pasta, but it works like a charm! First batch he made was basil fettuccine. Going to make some more and try freezing and drying the pasta. So long store bought pasta, who knew making your own could be so easy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was spot on
Oh my, using this noodle maker is so much faster & easier than doing it all by hand as I've done for years. When I tried it the first time, when I ran the dough through the roller, it looked like lace instead of solid dough. I had a large amount of dough so I rolled it a little with a rolling pen, cut it in strips & ran it through. It did fine then & went really fast. The cutter cuts them uniformly but I still had to pull them apart. I'm sure as I use it more, I'll get better at it but I still highly recommend it.
I am new at making pasta although I love pasta. The pasta roller, and cutters are very well made. 1 time usage was just OK, but the 2nd time usage was great !! I found a great pasta recipe on line "Homemade Pasta or Spaghetti for Kitchen Aid Mixers". I have not tried the recipes in the manual, because I really like the on line recipe. It also, clearly explained the speed and settings usage, this made my pasta making life a lot easier. I am happy we made this purchase!!!
This product arrived as expected. The rollers seem very heavy duty and they work very well. I had a manual pasta machine before and after using this product, I could never go back. The set is pretty pricey but you have to expect that from KitchenAid.
I've used the pasta roller for sheet pasta several times now for homemade ravioli and it works great. If you follow the dough recipe exactly as in the book that comes with it, it works perfectly. Beware because too much oil or not enough oil in your recipe and the dough will not go through the roller. I run the dough through on the number one setting the first time, fold it in half and run it through again on the number one setting. After that I do it once on 2, then 3 and then end with 4.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
My girlfriend loved the item and I'm reaping the benefits.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair and accurate description on the website.
I love this pasta roller set! I waited to order this set due to the price and some of the reviews related to having problems with metal chips coming off the unit and into the dough. I have not had any problems at all. The products appear very high quality and easy to use. I can make pasta so fast and easy. Love...love...love it!
I gave it 3 stars because I didn't order it but came in my order....I'm sure it was probably a wonderful piece of equipment but I didn't order it or need it so I sent it back....OS was very understanding and took it off of the bill immediately :)