I previously owned a KA Pro 550 HD that was available from a wholesale store and the price was fantastic since the only real difference between the Pro 600 and the Pro 550 was a 5.5 qt bowl instead of a 6 qt bowl. Unfortunately, my mixer started making strange noises about 7 months after purchasing it. I returned it to the store thanks to their fantastic return policy and got my money back. I didnít want to chance it with another Pro 550. I still wanted a KA mixer since I make bread and pizza dough weekly and downgrading to the Artisan was just not an option for me. I shopped around and was able to get a great price for the Pro 600 on Overstock. It would have been even better had I not had to pay to ship it to Hawaii. Please just give HI and AK free shipping already. It's not like we live in another country. We really don't mind waiting several weeks for a freight boat so we can save some money. Anyway, I've had the mixer for several weeks and it performs well. It looks just like my previous mixer; however, I do prefer the 5.5qt bowl over the 6qt. The 5.5qt was the perfect size. I also obsessed with the pearl metallic color. Itís the nicest color, in my opinion. Iím crossing my fingers that this mixer lasts considerably longer than my previous mixer because itís such a wonderful piece of kitchen equipment when it runs properly. For the price of the machine, KitchenAid should at least back their product with a 5 year warranty. If youíre wishing and hoping for a smaller bowl to use with your Pro 600, check out the 3-Qt. Stainless-Steel Bowl & Combi-Whip Set, KN3CW. Itís not cheap, but it makes it so much easier to work with small batches. Overall, a great purchase and good experience shopping with Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Picture matches up to what arrived
I am a Kitchen Aid user and had to replace my older Kitchen Aid. I order this one and it came very promptly. I followed the instructions about cleaning it and setting it up, this was easy since it was as my former mixer. When I turned the motor on, it acted strangely and did not work. It was obvious there was a problem with it so I did my baking using my hand mixer. I called Kitchen Aid Customer Service and after explaining the problem, to one of the Service representatives, there were no further questions to me with the young woman stating immediately, without my asking, that they would replace it. I had the opportunity to choose a different color which works just as well in my kitchen if not better. The replacement came within about three days with a return label and directions for returning. I have been using my new mixer and it works perfectly as I have come to expect from Kitchen Aid products. The fact that the first one had a problem with the motor is something that can be expected in these times of mass production so that did not bother me. I was most impressed by Kitchen Aid standing by their one year replacement warranty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. See Review
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This is a 'serious' mixer for 'serious' baking and products. Great for bread, and even making my homemade dog biscuits, because it can handle the THICK ingredients involved. The noise throws you off at first, but you should read directions carefully and bump up the power gradually for best results. I liked my smaller KitchenAid stand mixer I had, but this can make a HUGE batch of cookies at once and not balk at all.
Price was fair. Package was damaged on arrival, but contents were OK. Durability expected to be good, since these mixers tend to last for several generations (I have great confidence in brand). First use was a quadruple batch of Italian bread, mixed up and kneaded almost before we knew it -- VERY FAST! We chose this specific model for the high power (575 Watt) motor, obviously why it works so fast. Our old mixer has 275 Watts, took 2-3 times as long to mix. Dough hook is very effective at mixing and kneading. Wire whip gives fabulous results, very quick! We cook for large crowds of 30 - 75 at a time, so it is just about right for us. Would not recommend this to others, as it is just too much mixer for the average homemaker.
I bought the KitchenAid so I could make better dough and stop juggling with a hand mixer, wearing myself out in the process. This has been a lifesaver!! It's beautiful, very efficient, and I got it at a great price! I also love that you can buy attachments for it and do more than just mixing! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE multi-functional appliances...they make my life so much easier and save space!!!!
I order the first one with the words "with rebate", but got a the one that I thought a refurbished. Thus, I returned and desired to buy a new one, again, from Overstock. And, surprisingly, I got the brand new machine with the spill cover that I didn't see at the first buy. Moreover, with the full refund. Great service, but, I'd be better if Overstock do it right at the first place.
Love, love, LOVE IT!!! I've made bread and baked good everyday for my family. It made my holiday baking a breeze and allowed me to spend more time enjoying the festivities instead of being stuck in the kitchen. This mixer is a work horse!
I love my mixer and have had no problems with it in the two years I've had it. I am a casual baker though, and getting one a bit smaller than 6 quart would have worked better for me. I could only find the color I wanted in the 6 qt though. If making a single batch of something (rather than larger portion) I do have to hand-stir in things a bit more than I would with a smaller mixer. And the first time I tried to use it I made a half batch which didn't work well -- the blade barely reached the ingredients to mix them. So just keep the size in mind for your baking needs but the mixer itself is great.
I had great service from overstock. I got it promptly and it good condition. I can't wait to give it to my daughter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. don't know yet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Thank you for your great service! Especially for an international shopper from France, it is so cool to see how it went smoothly. I will recommend your services and follow your web site to order KA parts in a near future... David
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good, but I knew the product in all its details ;-)
Very powerful but easy to use. I wish it came with more recipes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
Overstock was simply fantastic. I received the item much earlier than expected. Precise and punctual customer service. Price very competitive. Kitchen Aid is a good machine but is weak for making bread. It is not strong enough. For the rest a real piece of art. My only disappointment is that I found a similar Kitchen aid 600, much cheaper than the price I paid, on Overstock.com, just after I received mine ...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I have only used the mixer once since buying it, but I was very satisfied with it. We had to adjust the height of the beater again once we realized it still was too far above the bottom of the bowl, but that is an easy adjustment. Everything else performed as described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good, except that the splatter cover seems a bit delicate. It has been ok so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I am a wannabe kitchen master. This machine handles it all with aplomb and makes me look awesome! Whipping potatos and roasted garlic for a holiday meal for 10 is too easy now. I want to do it too often! Cookie dough is no problem for the Kitchenaid to handle without bogging down and it can even manage shortbread cookies easier than I could have imagined. Controls are easy to use and the speed graduates simply without any jerks or starts. My new toy is a jewel in the kitchen and lets me make others happy without making me exhausted! Thank you to Kitchenaid for a powerful power tool in the kitchen and thank you to Overstock.com for making it so affordable!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This machine does a great job of making even ME look talented!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Too good
This mixer was a gift for my aunt. She loves it! She's now able to make her delicious cakes in half the time! This was a good purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a close match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This mixer so far has stood up to its name. Good, reliable quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
I love this mixer. I am a bread baker, and this mixer doesn't even break a sweat mixing up two loaves of white bread, or one loaf of whole wheat. The directions say it's normal for the top of the mixer to get hot during use, but so far, (I've only used it three times, but I can't wait to use it this weekend) it has stayed cool. My son burned out the motor of a less powerful KitchenAid mixer using the dough hook, so I wanted a really powerful motor, and so far, this has been just the mixer I wanted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not exactly, but a grey mixer is a grey mixer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's nice and heavy, you can tell it's American made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.