Turn your kitchen into a gourmet workshop with these attachments from KitchenAid. This assortment contains a citrus juicer, food tray, food grinder and a sausage stuffer. These attachments work on any KitchenAid stand mixer. ...more
Turn your kitchen into a gourmet workshop with these attachments from KitchenAid. This assortment contains a citrus juicer, food tray, food grinder and a sausage stuffer. These attachments work on any KitchenAid stand mixer.
So far we have used the juicer and the meat grinder with the larger tray. I own a small bed and breakfast and we want to start serving our own sausage. The grinder works as it is described. No problems. We did do our research as to best practice when using. 1. run the mixer slow, do not try and speed up the process. Cut the meat into chunks and partial freeze. Don't try and push to much through it at one time, just let it go on it's own. Run a piece of bread through when finished to help with clean up.
Have not used the piece for making link sausages yet as I need to get some casing.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's white, what can I say.
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plastic and the blades are metal.
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
With the purchase of KA's mixer, I thought I would also order the accessories in case we need them.
So far, I've used the juicer for a box of oranges we had laying around; and also to make lemonade.
1) Plastic seems durable.
1) Plastic - thought food grade, it would be even BETTER if parts were stainless steel and not plastic, but that would also mean an increase in price if they made steel parts
2) Installation is easy, but because there is no snap lock, you can't be sure you have it installed correctly. The first time I went to juice, I didn't have any issues. The 2nd, time, when I did a longer juicing session, I hear random squeals, which I thought was because of the pressure I applied while juicing. However, that was just one factor. Something was misaligned and the squealing sound I heard was actually the rod grinding with another part. It produced a residue that leached into my juicing. Fortunately, I saw it before it discharged into my vat, so I removed it before it could do any damage. Lesson here is to make sure you align the rod correctly...that leaves room for error. It would be best if the parts 'snapped' into place so you know for sure it's in proper position before use.
3) When juicing you have to apply lateral force to the orange or lemon. That can be very tiring when you have lots of orange halves to go through. It would be a better design to have some sort of lever to allow you to just hold a lever against the spinning juicer.
4) Because of #3, you have to also have one hand on the mixer while, with the other hand, you have to push the orange/lemon on the juicing element. Can be tough on your wrists and hands with larger juicing sessions.
I've not tried the sausage attachment to review it.
I have only used the grinder and the juicer part of this attachment and both work well. Easy to set up and top shelf dishwasher it is what I needed and does what it is supposed to do. Everything is heavy duty plastic except the grinder is metal. Hopefully it will all last a long time. Thank goodness Overstock had this because I had looked at other kitchen stores and could not find it or it was even more expensive. Isn't online shopping great when you have Overstock!
I have only used the meat grinder attachment thus far. It processed freshly skinned venison like a champ. I'm really happy with what this has done so far. A great buy if you plan on processing your own meat, highly recommend!
At first I was a bit taken aback - it's all PLASTIC, are you kidding me??? But then I took a better look at it - it's good heavy duty solidly made plastic. And it is well made for what it is to do. Plastic won't hold the flavors of what you're processing either so a little easier to clean as well. As much as I loathe hand washing I don't think I'd put them through the dishwasher (didn't notice any instructions either way - if anyone knows please do tell). I'd hate to crack them and render them useless, I've had some Cuisinart stuff crack in the dishwasher so I err on the side of caution.
How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good heavy plastic
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could be more descriptive but product is better than description
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.