My hard anodized was showing signs that I had mistreated it badly, so I wanted to go back to stainless where I didn't have to be as careful with the type of spoon I used to stir. This set is PERFECT! I love the silicone in the handles and around the lids. It is easy to clean following the instructions of the manufacturer--Bar Keepers Friend, then into the dishwasher. Also, so many sets these days don't have enough pans, and pans share lids. This set has a lid for every pan, and enough pans to cook a large meal without wishing for another pan. I am really pleased with my purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, heavy cookware with solid lids. Silicone in handles and around lid edges is great!
This is a great looking set of cookware. The rubberized lids are really nice and do not rattle at all when you have a full boil. My only complaint is that food seems to stick really bad, but this is the first time I've ever owned cookware like this so perhaps it's normal. But once the food sticks, it leaves a stain if you wash normally. What I had to do was boil water and vinegar to get stuck on foods off (which worked really well) and scrub with a bit of baking soda if there were stains.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These pans are very heavy (a good thing), cook evenly and are easy to clean. I love the glass lids so I can see what's going on inside. Am pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. KitchenAid Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate
This would be a perfect set of pots and pans were it not for two factors: 1) The pans are not balanced to sit flat when empty. It is close, but that's almost worse because they will hold in place sometimes, and topple over to the handle side other times. This is by far the biggest draw back, especially if you are preheating a pot/pan you can have a hot metal unstable item on your hands. With all the other high quality features, this just seems a dumb oversight; 2) The handles do get hot a bit too far up the handle, so if you have large hands as I do (and big feet...if you know what I mean, ladies! JK), you have to use a bit of care grasping the hot handles. Again, seems an easy fix on such a high quality set, I am surprised it made it through to production. OTHERWISE, THIS SET IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Hard to get stainless steel wrong!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high, but pans should be balanced when empty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I wouldn't recommend this set to anyone. I got them for Christmas 2012 thinking they would be fantastic, but just the opposite. I put them in the dishwasher every night, I'm not about to "baby" a set of saucepans that say they are disherwasher safe. I find the rubber seal on the lids to be the main let-down. They tend to suction on and be very difficult to get off. If you turn the heat off and just leave the pot/pan to sit while you get the rest of dinner ready, it will suck on and you then need to get a knife to stab into the side of the seal (while contending with a hot item) to break the seal to save your dinner. I have also found that since the steam can't escape while boiling, it just boils over everywhere; no matter what heat you have under it. I also find the rubber under the lid handles gets really hot! I know the rubber is meant to stop the handle getting hot, but doesn't work. The rubber under the handles on the pots/pans are starting to come off as well. The quality of the pots are actually not too bad, so it's just a pitty about the rubber add ons. The small pot is very handle heavy and tips over all the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good enough quality
I bought these pots last year for my Granddaughter's wedding. She loves them. I love mine. Bought 2 more sets for 2 other Granddaughters getting married this summer. Excellent set of pots. Cooks well, easy to clean and a great value for the $$. Very satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This is the best cookware set I've ever owned. They are sturdy with thick bottoms. I love them. The only draw backs I have come across are the empty pots tip over while sitting on my gas stove burners. Once they have something in them they are stable. Also, the handles become extremely hot while cooking on the stove. Other then that, these are great and I highly recommend them!
I purchased a set of stainless steel KitchenAid cookware from you for muself several months ago. Our daughter came to visit and just loved our new cookware. Now.......this is the highest of compliments coming from her as she's one difficult person to please, has the most distinguished taste in anything she purchases, nothing but the best. We purchased a set as a gift for her, she is elated with it. She likes the style, comfortable handles, durability and lastly, the fact that she can see her food through the lid as she cooks. She's one outstanding lady and a true Southern Cook.
I love this cookware set ! looks so expensive and the quality is excellent. A real bargain for the price, they cook evenly and are easy to clean. You won't be disappointed if you purchase this product it's a real deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I didn't know what to expect when I ordered the cookware. When it arrived I was thrilled!! It was everything the site description said it was. They're beautiful, heavy and I'm very proud of them. They aren't cheap looking at all. I'd recommend them to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stainless Steel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Let's see, the set was an awesome price, they came in and I was thrilled with the looks and quality. I had talked my mother into getting rid of her revere-ware that she had since she was first married and we just took them to Goodwill. So, now we have our new pots and pans and they look great BUT . my mother cooked dinner this evening, had sauce in a pan on low with the lid on and the lid was IMPOSSIBLE to get off! It is still on the pan now hours later and we had to make something else for dinner!!! It borders on ridiculous!! My mother is not very happy with our new purchase understandably. I plan to make a call to Kitchen Aid to see what we can do. Hopefully they have re-designed the lids and they can send out some new ones. These lids with the silicone rim vacuum seal themselves to the pan! I would have given these high marks across the board if it hadn't had the lid issue...and its a big issue.