I love these! I don't really care about the animal design, but the silicone is definitely the most effective pot holder material, and these are a very reasonable price for silicone pot holders. I've had them for over a year and they haven't worn out in the slightest. Just be careful if you have big hands, because they might not come down all the way.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
My husband wanted silicone pot holders and he loves pigs, so when I saw these I just had to buy them for his Christmas stocking! I was skeptical when I first saw them...how could they really protect your hands from heat?! But they work amazingly well. In addition, they are easy to clean off (no more gummy, gunky pot holders) and the texture helps hold onto slippery pots and handles. I especially love them for grabbing the handle of my cast iron skillet when I need to move it while cooking. These were one of the best purchases of 2009 for our household!
These are very functional hot pads. I like that you just rinse them off and they are good as new as opposed to throwing them in the washer. Nothing stains them. I keep them on the top ledge of my stove. They look cute up there and are always in reach!
Adorable and great gripping strength. love these little guys and will buy more. They work very well and are fun. not bad combo when cooking!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? little brighter in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
They look just like the picture online. They work very good. One of the pot holders arrived ripped but usuable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good but one arrived ripped, but usuable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
These are real cute, and handy to grab when you want to move a pot right quick, but they do NOT shield your hand very long from very intense heat. Use them only if you will be holding onto the pot or pan momentarily. After about 15 seconds (maybe not even that long), you WILL begin to feel the heat of the hot item. They are a fun little item, but rather thin.
I bought these for my mother-n-law, who collects pigs, for Christmas. She loved them. She thought that they wouldn't work as well as regular potholders but she found that she was wrong. She says that she uses them all the time, especially with her teapot, now she doesn't burn her hand from the steam and she can get a good grip. She is thrilled!