While the photo and description was misleading, it is still a great piece for the price. I am content with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate, however the photo was a bit misleading. The front piece appears to be hammered metal with a grey marbling, however I was surprised when I pulled out a mirror with grey flecks.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I can't complain about the quality, it was solid and very easy to put together!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site mentioned it was convertible to corner and/or wall, however I found it is not. It is a wall unit only.
Easy to put together.. looks good.... if I could fit a larger width I would have ordered a different piece without the questionable mirrored front... but in the end it looks good in the room so better to keep it than to disassemble & return. My decor is shabby chic so it works and it's unique... anyone I have asked likes the mirror.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the front of this fireplace in the photo looks white... possibly hammered metal??? white paint dabbed mirror??? NO... it is a mirror with BLACK paint dabs on it..... i was pretty disappointed with this as i didnt want a mirrored fireplace... but the style and look over all is good and there is not a large selection in the size i needed (42" wide).
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate... the photo shows the wrong color and the discription doesnt explain the detail.
This is a very beautiful Gel Fireplace. It does have the look of an Traditional Antique style/white, which is what I was looking for. It is alittle short. As with which another reviewer stated; I will be lifting it about 12in higher as well. It is placed in our Living Room, because we are redecorating to a Traditional style with wainscotting, so this fireplace will go perfectly with side book shelve and wine cabinet( both are antique white). I had been looking at this Fireplace for a while now, and when it went on sale, I purchased!! Beautiful!!! I have been shopping at Overstock.com for many years now, and have not been disappointed. They have an awesome Customer Service Department and one of the best online helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This is an Antique White. On site it appeared to be a pure white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice Fireplace. Good soild construction.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of fireplace is accurate.
I wanted a white fireplace this exact size. When I opened the package and saw the ivory color I planned to return it. However, I figured I could live with it. It's also a bit ornate for my taste, so I removed embellishment within the triangle molding. It was a molded rubber substance attached with very small pins. It was a mess to clean up, but I managed to make the area smooth. The embellishment above the column is also a hard rubber-like substance. I was surprised but for the price I couldn't expect it to be wood. I was able to put it together myself and some areas didn't quite match up. I'd suggest you have a second person assist with the mirrored attachment. I realized a made a big mistake with this purchase and tried to salvage my error in judgment. I painted it a low luster black. I like it much better now. BTW, painting it was not an easy task.
It was exactly what I was looking for. It has that old world vintage charm with the moldings and the vintage mirror. The creamy cottage white color is what I was looking for as well. It does border on a very light creamy ivory but still matches my other cottage white furniture. My husband and I are planning on adding a taller base to bring it up just a little, but still works at the height it is. It'sjust my personal preference to have it a little higher. My husband had no trouble putting it together and it didn't take too much time. He was using a power drill though. Alll in all, we are very very pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I thought it matched pretty well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality and construction.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? An accurate description.