This desk was what we were looking for to use as a computer desk for a small apartment. It was as described and easy to assemble; the top and drawer are 1 piece and the legs just had to be screwed on. The drawer slides easily and the finish was even. We had a piece of glass cut to protect the top from use. Unfortunately, the desk must have been dropped in transit and the back top corner was slightly damaged, but we didn't want the inconvenience of sending it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and easy to assemble
I purchased this desk after reading the reviews and was still shocked and impressed by the good quality and sturdiness of the desk. It is real wood and pretty heavy. It took no more than 15-20 minutes to assemble and it fits great in my small room. The drawer provides a good amount of storage, and is conveniently organized into different compartments. The one negative about the quality is that the paint scratches easily - not a big problem as long as you are careful and aware of this.
This desk is perfect for a small space. I was able to assemble this fairly quickly, with all parts included in the box, which can be a problem with online furniture orders that require assembly! The only issue was a missing screw on one of the drawer handles, which I eventually found in the shipping box. It is sturdy, and the surface is spacious enough to hold my laptop, as well as a few other desk accessories. It is a perfect addition to our master bedroom, matching our current black furniture, and offering me a quiet place to use my computer. The drawer is rather shallow, but plenty of room in the divided spaces to hold pens/pencils/stapler/address book, and more office accessories. Overall, it's perfect for my needs! I'm very happy with the product quality and looks, and would definitely recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I like this desk. It's just what you see on the website. And the best part was that the drawer was pre-assembled and already installed in the desk. I had read reviews of other desks where the assembly was going great until the new owner had to attach the drawer and then they were tearing their hair out getting the drawer in, so I was happy to not have to deal with that frustration with this particular desk. The only downside for us was that on the underside of the desk there were six places for screws to attach the base but only 5 of the screws fit in (maybe the last hole wasn't drilled correctly or was mis-aligned), so we just left it like that with a missing screw. Otherwise this desk is perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was the same: black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems like a good quality, relatively sturdy little writing desk. One of the screws did not fit into the pre-drilled holes so we didn't use it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The perfect desk for a small space -- it is actually one large drawer that glides open easily, and is predivided for storage of office supply items like pencils, etc. I don't believe you can remove the dividers so that could be a problem depending on what you're planning to store in it, but it works perfectly for my teenage son. It was very easy to assemble and the finish is very nice. We haven't had it for very long so not sure yet about durability but so far so good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems pretty sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
If you need a small desk for a small space, in a transitional style, this is a great desk. It is large enough for my laptop, docking station and 22" monitor and still has working space (notepad, beverage, etc.). It is a dark black with a single pull-out drawer (there are two handles and styling that makes it appear to be two drawers) which contains fixed dividers--one large compartment in the center and two smaller areas on each side for a total of five compartments. The inside of the drawer is painted, not felt. Assembly was easy and the desk feels strudy and very solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is true to the description/pictures on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is sturdy and feels very solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
Overall happy with the desk. The color is beautiful. The finish is somewhat glossy which shows fingerprints and dust. It's a little wobbly but not horrible. Chose it because it fit within our small space and had a drawer. Many don't that are this small.
This is a great small desk...it has drawer dividers built in. Simple assembly. It has a very modern look to it and is sturdy. I am using it as an office desk, however, it could see it used as a vanity table also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color as site...has a sheen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought this desk to use as a makeup table. It was SUPER easy to put together - took me about 30 minutes. It's heavier than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised at how great the quality is. I LOVE this desk!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exactly as described and portrayed on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Desk is sturdy - Drawer moves with ease - Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was completely accurate
My husband started working at home and we live in a very small space. He needed a desk that wouldn't take up much room but would still look nice. This desk was a wonderful surprise. It is relatively heavy and expensive looking. The drawers have partitions not mentioned in the description, but we were very happy to have them. I highly recommend it, although it is too short for the recommended file cabinet to fit underneath.
The desk has a nice big drawer to hold all your officey stuff. It has the non-slam feature (whatever that is called) We needed to have our shredder out of the way so we could shred junk mail as we get it. I bought a black metal file cabinet that looks great under it. It goes in our kitchen where the size is perfect. I think the quality seems very good, especially for the price.
This desk rocks! It's perfect for limited space. Gives what you need to hold a laptop, lamp and a notebook. I was optimistic when I orderded and am thrilled to be typing this from my new home office space (the size of a doorway). Quality is good. It scrateches as much as a table I purchased from **** *** - also black laquered. Value is great. It's wood (not MDF or partical board) and the price point matches costs for building something on your own. It's a great find!
The desk looks good. But the construction is not good. I went through 3 deliveries hoping that the next one would be sturdy after assembly. Here is why they were not...Under the desktop, there are 2 wood brackets glued and screwed in place. The legs get attached to these brackets. The glue on these brackets dried out, and the screws are not long enough. So, these pieces are loose. So, when the desk is fully assembled, it is is wobbly. The solution, if you are so inclined, is to remove the brackets, sand off the dried out glue, and put a bead of a strong synthetic glue along the edge and screw them back in tight. Wait a day and then attach the legs. What a pain though.
We bought two of these and like it a lot...specially the pre divided drawer. It's good for small spaces....make sure you are not purchasing it for heavy duty use. If you are going to use this desk for several hours every day then it might show wear and tear easily and soon.....because I realized the paint job though nice is cheap....for our use its good enough. Putting it together was not a problem.