I ordered this meat slicer and used it like a plastic one I bought at xxxx. This one cuts right through frozen meat with no effort. The plastic slicer was slow and smelled hot, after a short time of use and the plastic gear stripped, making it useless. I'm very pleased with the kalorik and it cuts fresh meat as fast as you can run the slide. rtanner55
Without spending a huge amount of money, this slicer provides quality performance for home preparations. Easy to clean & store. I would recommend this product for home use...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Description was accurate,
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy & easly assembled
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
I bought one of these slicers about two years ago for slicing frozen meat to make jerkey.As far as the slicer goes it does what it's suppose to do ,It cuts through the frozen meat with ease.My problem is that it's to light and you have to chase it around the counter.Another problem is that the thickness gauge doesn't stay set,and the slice gets thicker as you cut and you have to readjust and another problem is when you take the blade off to clean there is a plastic piece that the blade rides on that keeps popping off when you try to put the blade back on.I just put mine in the cabinet and bought another that cost a little more and a little heavier. I'll use the the Kalorik as a backup.Overall I would recommend this machine to buy ,just figure out a wsy to tie it down and just keep adjusting that dial.
I bought it to slice meat for jerky. You need to Freeze it first then you can slice it. If it is rock hard frozen I need to thaw it for 30 minutes first. And I cut it into the shape I want the jerky to end in and then freeze it so it isn't a giant slab of meat. The slicer is not strong enough. But for the price, you shouldn't expect a professional meat slicer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is OK. It slices cooked meat excellent. Raw is more difficult.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The Engine sounded more powerful by description.
I found this slicer to be very easy to use especially since I have never used one before. I was kind of worried because there aren't really any instructions with this appliance. Surprised me when I just looked at it and wa-la.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, easy to use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I am surprised that anyone would make a slicer that cannot be easily cleaned. If you read the instructions you just wipe the unit off and rarely do a "deep clean". When you use the slicer it generates many small pieces of meat that go in every small crack in the unit and nothing comes apart. Removing the blade is difficult and exposes the inner gears covered with grease and also little meat pieces. I would return this in a heartbeat but alas we pitched the box and so i do not think we can. Unless you are going cut large quantities of meat or whatever it is not worth the effort to clean.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The sliding tray appeared to be metal on the picture. It is not!!! It is just plastic.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not quite truthfull
Having never owned a slicer I wanted to find a good quality slicer at a reasonable price, I found this to be a good match for me. Easy to adjust, safe to use, and for the most part to clean as well. The suction cups have trouble gripping onto some surfaces but i found that a glass-top stove and/or granite countertops performed better for this unit. Cleaning around the fixed blade was sometimes tricky without removing the blade. Overall, this is an excellent unit at a good price for somebody looking for a middle of the road slicer. I would buy it again if my budget was under $$
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Brand new and used the product several times.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I really like this slicer. I compared it with other slicers in the same price range and decided on this on. I have not been disappointed. It works very well for slicing meat very thin like I wanted it to. Easy to clean. The suction feet on the bottom really keeps it from moving around on the counter. I was so pleased with it that I purchased another one for my daughter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I purchased this product due to the ad it would cut hard frozen meat. It will not, it did not keep the setting of 1/4" had to check it constantly will not cut anything after getting to 1" as it drops between the tray due to the space. The clean up OMG horriable. On the second use it stopped working and is now in my trash can.
Haven't used it yet. Main purpose for purchase is for slicing home roasted beef and turkey (better flavor with less salt) and for paper thin slices of smoked Spanish chorizo called Cantimpalo I buy over the internet from Miami.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Seems very good.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? O.co descriptions are skimpy. Used Amazon's reviews and descriptions and then matched model number.