As stated by another reviewer, the color shown is not the actual color. Grey it is not! I would say a more acurrate description is a dark taupe. So, where you see grey in the picture, it is dark taupe. I bought it knowing full well it was not grey. Even though it is not grey, I have to say, this is a beautiful rug. I wouldn't consider returning it, even if Overstock was a five minute drive from my house. I'm keeping this one!!!
I really love this rug, it looks better than pictured.....to me it looks brown-ish at night and more charcoal gray-ish in daylight. It is so plush and soft to to the touch. the quality is great!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? not quite but it still was in the ballpark
- How is the quality of the product? the quality was surprisingly exceptional for the price
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
We received this rug nearly a month ago, and are VERY pleased with the quality & appearance of it. Although the main color of the rug resembles more of a taupe, or perhaps deep champagne color (versus the gray shown in the picture online), I was aware of this color difference between its appearance on our monitor(s) and its actual color prior to ordering. The color name had recently been changed by Overstock to reflect its true color more closely, and the reviews written by others who had previously purchased this rug further prepared me to expect a rug with (light) brownish hues, as it is. However, its overall plush quality & beautiful scroll pattern are quite accurate to its portrayal & description online. It is a lovely area rug, and a comfortable play surface for our 11-month old, as well:) LOVE IT!
I was hesitant to buy this rug since a lot of reviews had some negative comments about the color. The color definitely did not match what was on my monitor but it's hard to tell color on a screen. It's not a gray as I expected, a little darker and more brownish tones but can also tell that it's gray. After I vacuumed it and fluffed it up a little the color seemed more gray. The shaggy part of the rug is soft and the design part is shorter but also very soft. The design part is also not gray as pictured but more cream/light beige color. I have 2 cats, one white and one dark gray. It was hard to pick out something that would show all their hair but this rug does a great job. When we first laid down the rug it was a little lumpy and was curling up on the edges but it flattened out and every corner was down after a day. It seems to be of good quality and a great price for the size rug. I would definitely recommend to anyone not too picky about the exact color.
Read all the reviews about the color discrepancy, decided to buy it anyway. It looks gray to me!! Love it, feels so good in the morning when I get out of bed. Great design, and it hides the dog fur too (German Shepherd that is black, grey and white). Just what I wanted, currently have a dark red as the accent color but with this rug, will be able to change to whatever I want to use along with the gray/black bedspread.
I looked at a lot of rugs and wanted something different but not too over the top. We love the look and feel of this rug! It is a combination of grey and brow, grayer than I thought, with more brown than grey (plus the ivory of course). We've had it a few weeks and it doesn't shed. We recommend for a little flash of style versus a solid shag rug.
Nice quality plush rug, but it is not grey. The color is more on the brown side- taupe/champagne.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We LOVE this new rug in our living room. It's soft, lovely, and very attractive. Shipping was fast. We'll definitely consider Overstock.com when we need another rug!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful, high quality, soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
There are some tannish colored threads in the rug so it does have a gray/tannish vibe to it but that made the rug even better to work with. I bought Spa colored couches and just knew I had to put them with grey. I looked and looked at this rug hesitating because of the description but Very happy I listened to my gut and bought it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good discription
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. GREAT!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just Right
Nice rug. poped out my small living room and its stish and easy to combine. A little work to keep it clean since it has some plush areas. need to be cleaned with vacumm at least 2x a week. I am happy with this rug
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I was expecting the pictured rug with dark tones of charcoal and flecks of brown and a lighter grey design inlay but the contrast between the actual colors (charcoal grey/brown overall color and the beige design) is striking. I am happy with the rug though and my 21 month old daughter is pleased as well since it's for her room. When she first wallked on it she giggled and said "New one! My toes, Mama!" because it was so soft. I chose this rug for her room because I wanted something design-wise that would grow with her but not be childish or locked into a child theme. The rug is classic and contemporary - transitional in design and will accommodate paint changes as well as theme changes when my daughter grows to make up her own mind about how her room should look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The design color is not a lighter grey but a light beige. Overall color and design color contrast greatly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feels soft and looks expensive. I just bought it and may need to return to this review and add to it later regarding the wear and tear tolerance.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very accurate regarding color. I am pleased with the outcome anyway as it does work with in my toddler's light pink elegant room.
I bought this rug and just rolled it out a couple times to show people. In my living room where I have natural light (white light) bulbs, the rug looks absolutely gray. If you look closely it looks like there are some beige bits in the darker part of the rug, but it will match gray without a doubt. When I rolled it out in my kitchen where I have soft light bulbs, the rug looked like it had a brown tint to it. This isn't anything that would prevent it from matching gray in a room I think, but it was there. It might be helpful for you to know the dark gray part is thicker than the lighter portion. I bought a ***** rug at first and returned it. The second I saw this rolled up on the porch I could tell it was much better quality-wise. It's thicker, softer, and simply a good looking rug.
This rug is absolutely gorgeous. It is rich in quality and looks. There are so many people, young, old, and in-between, who walk into the room and make a comment about how much they like the rug. The shag pile is short enough to look thick, luxurious, and modern.
After searching for over a year I finally found the perfect rug, love the neutral color and design, not to mention how plush this rug is!!! Definitely worth every penny! I waited a few months to post a review to see how it would hold up, looks beautiful as the day I got it, my only complaint would be is that it does tend to attract my dogs hair, but since getting her groomed it's been a ton better. Love this rug either way!! :) 👍🏼