We bought the 12" and 16" John Louis home closet organizer systems and loved them both. It took us a while to figure out that the drawers were only part of the 16" systems and then how to decide which size drawers would work best for our needs. We did reference the manufacturers web site for further info which was helpful. Overstock had the best price and delivery was very prompt. We love it! After looking at and researching other closet organizers, we feel that this one is very high quality and well worth the price and time to put it up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality - very impressed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
I read other reviews noting missing holes necessary for the assembly of these drawers, and thought it might have been a rare fluke. After purchasing 14 drawers from 3 different web sites I am amazed at how often such a major problem occurs. It's a really nice product, it's too bad there is no quality control
I'm somewhat directionally challenged but did manage to put together the drawers w/ just a little bit of assistance from the man. My only complaint is that the handles are somewhat cheap looking. Easy enough to replace of course, but now that the holes are in it's harder to find another handle that will fit / cover. So...think about this and maybe order or find your own more interesting handles...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought a set of drawers thinking they were for the 12" John Louis closet organizer I purchased. However, after I assembled one of the drawers, it was evident it was for 16" shelves and would not fit in my closet assembly. But, I was impressed with the quality of the drawer. Once assembled, it is solid and very attractive. Just wish I could use it with my closet organizer.
My contractor was blown away by how nice this closet system is. A little challenging to install but gorgeous and overall, the materials seems sturdy with the exception of the hardware for the baskets, which are plastic and pop off. But the system is better than all the rest and much nicer looking and with the solid wood, should hold up better AND it is totally reasonably priced. Only irritatiion is that John Louis Homes does the shipping, not Overstock, and they were constantly sending me the wrong color or the wrong items. I had to keep shipping back. Overstock's return system made that a breeze, although it was still inconvenient. But in the end, it was worth it. It's stunning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? red mahogany much nicer, richer, deeper red
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
The color of the large 8" &10" drawers matched each other and the closet, but not the 6" drawers. The three 6" drawers did match each other and the door set. I am reviewing the drawers as a set, even though they are listed here separately. It seems like too much trouble to seek a correction. The price at Overstock is great and the shipping of $2.95 is amazing. The JHL closet system is good quality overall, solid wood, and versatile to fit differing closets (our third). There are a few knots in my set. My only issue is the color difference on the front view (due to dye-lots of stain?). I didn't seek a correction (yet).
Very functional drawers and the are a perfect complement to the closet system.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
This was my second purchase of these products. All arrived quickly and without damage. I took advantage of the free shipping promo by signing into O.Co. I will always check here first on future purchases. GJ
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, but the word Mahogany is misspelled.
I finally had my master closet installed. I am so pleased and impressed with the John Louis closet system. The only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because one of my draws came damaged. The other thing is, I couldn't install it myself. For the professional look I felt like I needed to hire a professional.