The John Louis closet units are well made and look upscale. The printed instructions are good, not excellent. But there are lots of helpful videos available on the website so I was able to assemble the drawers and install without my hubbies help.I gave these drawers only 4 stars because neither one had the score marks to align the slides. I was able to use a measuring tape but it would have been faster/easier with the marks. Nonetheless, I am very happy with the closet units and ended up buying another for a second closet. This is a great product, especially for the price.
We have bought 8 drawers in 3 batches, 4, 2 and 2. The first 4 came with front panels all scratched, but Overstock sent us replacements. The last 2 drawers are newer model, the tracks are in aluminum color while the first 6 are in black. But they are smooth to open and close. We like them.
Drawer is nice, however ther is not top. Not sure if I need to order anouther piece or not.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Really too orange, thought it was more tan
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
John Louis Home manufactures a quality wood product, unsurpassed for the price. We wanted a quality custom look for a do-it-yourself price, which we achieved with this product. We installed in a walk-in closet and the product is absolutely beautiful. Suggest you study the assembly instructions and parts before starting and assemble the tower before marking wall for hanging clip placement. You may want to use longer screws and verify you have located the wall studs. We are handy at do-it-yourself projects and we also viewed the installation video.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is redder and actual product has a lovelier finish than depicted in photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid wood (drawer floor is pressed wood), fine furniture stain and finish, quality hardware, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The color of the large 8" &10" drawers matched each other and the closet, but not the 6" drawers. The three 6" drawers did match each other and the door set. I am reviewing the drawers as a set, even though they are listed here separately. It seems like too much trouble to seek a correction. The price at Overstock is great and the shipping of $2.95 is amazing. The JHL closet system is good quality overall, solid wood, and versatile to fit differing closets (our third). There are a few knots in my set. My only issue is the color difference on the front view (due to dye lots of stain?). I didn't seek a correction (yet).
strong, sturdy drawers, eay to assemble and great color
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality and solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Excellent quality! Great craftsmanship! Super fast shipping! This is my 2nd 10 inch drawer I ordered for my honey maple deluxe closet system. I love it, so beautiful. Now I just love being in my walk in closet all the, its so custom made. Thank you Overstock, will buy more for my kids reach in closet. Now only if they made white.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
John Louis system- Reasonably priced, packaged well, sturdy and easy to put together. Looks great! Make sure you plan out your space very well before ordering... and double check dimensions of accessories (comes in 12" and 16" widths) as one will not work with the other.
I got two of the drawers for my closet. I put it off for a long time because they seemed pretty expensive, but they were worth it. They look beautiful and make the space a lot more usable. They weren't hard to put together, but the instructions could have been clearer. I spent more time read the instructions and trying to decipher the pictures than I did putting it together. They took a little more than half an hour to put together and install two (after I deciphered the instructions and figured out what was what.)