This is a beautiful bed; the pictures are accurate, but it looks even better in person. The size of the headboard gives a grand impression. I have a high profile, thick mattress and box spring, so the large headboard gives the look more balance. It arrived in two large and heavy boxes, roughly 90lbs each. There are a lot of comments on here about the difficulty of assembly. When assembling something with multiple planes such as this, you need to keep the bolts fairly loose until you've aligned all of the adjoining pieces. This allows you the flexibility to align the holes for the bolts. Once all of your bolts are started in place and aligned, only then do you fully tighten them in place. If you fully tighten the bolts before aligning an adjoining piece, you'll have difficulty lining up adjacent bolt holes. I believe this is where many people have had problems with assembly. However, with the use of a cordless drill with the proper Allen bit, and the aforementioned tip, I was able to assemble this bed in less than two hours by myself. The instructions were straight-forward, and I only needed to reference the instructions for the proper size of Allen bolts and other hardware per application - it was very easy to discern which bed parts go where. As stated, the total weight of this bead is heavy. However, if you assemble the bed in it's location, the average individual may not need an additional person; again, I assembled it alone. The finished product is absolutely stunning. It looks much more expensive than what was paid. It looks like a bed you'd sleep in at a Conrad, Waldorf, or W hotel!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I LOVE my bed it looks excatly like the picture if not better in person. It compliments my apartment perfectly. I had a friend put mine together as I would not have had the slightest clue how to assemble a bed. But it took him about an hr at the most and he did so using the small utensil that came with the bed. I assume it helped that he's really good at putting things like this together and I only had to help with holding up the headboard for like 2 secs. So for me the purchase was totally worth it and I would reccomend this per chase to anyone thinking to buy it! And going to purchase a dresser next!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent Quality
I absolutely love this bed! It's exactly what I expected it to be from just looking at the picture. I highly recommend this bed. It's eye catching, modern and elegant all at the same time. Love the rich color of the gray!! It does however take 5 hours to assemble with 2 people. Other than that, It's fabulous!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On point
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
this is a nice bed after putting everything together. it's sturdy and modern. however, it took us almost 4 nights to put together. the headboard is very tricky, we almost gave up, luckily we were able to undo and rearrange the pieces and then it worked. That's why I gave it 4 starts. Overall, it's a nice bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little bit more grey in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
I wanted my dream bed and I got it! I love this bed. It is so not as hard to put together as other reviews have said. The trick is identify all your pieces first because a couple of them came unmarked. My husband and I are both analysts so I guess we might take more time figuring it out up front so the construction goes quickly :) I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this bed NOTHING!!!!! Now go buy one for yourself!
I'm not big on writing reviews, but I do like reading reviews on products that I buy online. I say this to say that, after reading the reviews on this BEAUTIFUL bed, I was skeptical about the assembly. I must say that I TOTALLY agree with the reviews on how beautiful the bed looks in person. It's beyond what I expected. I absolutely love it and the assembly took less than 1.5 hours. It was not hard at all. If you can read and some what coordinated and handy with tools, it's not a problem. I half way decorated my room and it's already taking a look of a high-end hotel. I can't say enough about it, but if you are considering it, BUY IT!!! You will NOT be disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High-end and sturdy!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This bed exceeded my expectations. The quality is amazing. It looks beautiful in my master bedroom, which has vaulted ceilings so the bed isn't overwhelming in the room. During my housewarming all my guests were very complimenting of the bed. It looks like it should be priced much higher than it is. I'm beyond pleased with this purchase. It definitely takes two people to assemble. I didn't personally assemble it, but I believe it took them a few hours. They said the directions aren't that great, and there are a lot of screws you have to install manually because you can't use a power tool. That part took the longest. I would recommend this bed to interested shoppers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is top notch.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I read the reviews and was a little nervous about the assembly of the bed. So instead of my usual MO, I actually read the instructions! They were easy to follow and once I received all the right parts, it took a couple of hours to put together. The bed is GORGEOUS! It's tall enough for me to stack pillows and still get that high end hotel bed look. It' definitely makes a statement! Overstock.com continues to provide quality, upscale pieces that give my home a sophisticated look for a bargain-basement price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual product a little darker compared to site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I was looking for a modern bed that still had comfort to it, when I found this one it seemed like the perfect match. I read all of the reviews and ended up buying it along with a mattress set (mattress and box spring), I was also expecting it not to attach properly based on reviews. Well, I didn't need the box spring, and I don't know if my husband and I are excellent at assembling things or they fixed it, but the bed looks perfect and every piece is right where its supposed to be. Some of the wholes of the screws were a little off but nothing that can't be easily fixed with some giggling and a screwdriver. It took us about 1:30hrs to assemble the bed. Its super sturdy and beautiful. I highly recommend this product. And unless you have a very thin mattress, you won't need a box spring.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As Shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above what you pay for
The fabric does not look like the fabric on the site. It looks more like the one on the Jillian KING bed. There is texture to it. The fabric threads don't seem to be tightly wound... Am returning it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not at all... the picture of the Jillian upholstered KING is more of an accurate picture of it than this one
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric was sooo different from the computer picture that I am returning it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Didn't finish opening the box once I saw the fabric
The bed is gorgeous. The problem I had was that the wood used for the planks is to soft. the middle wooden plank broke so this caused the bed to spread apart so the smaller planks kept falling. the foot board and side board wood was stripped so I had to use longer screws to make it stay together tightly. I had to go to home depot to get a harder wood cut to size to fix the problem. I did this because it was easier than waiting for replacement parts. once I fixed these issues the bed is gorgeous and now sturdy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so so
comes in 2 large boxes -- but not large enough because it took over 3 hours to build-- a million small allen wrench bolts that were very challenging to get alignment to easily screw into place. Was not an easy or swift operation-- and a cross member was missing for the box spring support. a bit annoyed at the end to have a missing part! Overall looks good and seems solid- recommend a low profile box spring for proper height. i had one so it worked perfectly for the height
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overall quality seems decent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This bed looks amazing once it is put together. However, that process is much more aggravating than you would think. First off, you need two people to put it together. I feel like there is a lot they could do to this product before shipping to make it so much easier on the consumer. Also, the boards that lay across underneath the box spring do not fit. If you put on the attachments, they are too wide and cannot sit in the holes like the directions say. Just a few little annoyances but it does look good. For the price, a little hard work is worth it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bed looks great, however the craftsmanship needs some work.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I think this is the best bed ever by far! I've had so many compliments. This bed is a must have. I'm glad a made this choice! Couldn't be happier!! All smiles! :-)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much the same color, a little on the greyish side.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On point!
I was excited to see a headboard with this height and this price. The quality of this product is very good less the fabric. It feels very cheap and is not soft to the touch. Furthermore the fabric color is NOT grey. I had the 2 boxes of the bed waiting for me at home after work... So it pretty dark while I was assembling it (for 3 hours)... The assembly was easy enough, it's just time consuming. The bed is sturdier than I expected for the price so no complaints there. The color was the main issue. Once the sun came out the next day I immediately saw very violet/purple tones in the fabric. I was so upset because that meant if I didn't want to keep it I would now have to spend another 3 hours dis-assembling the product and figuring out how to re-package it. Overstock was absolutely wonderful and accommodating if I chose to return the bed and offered to re-ship another to see if the color was just off on this one. I opted to keep the bed and will eventually reupholster it when I can set aside the project time to do-so. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase, especially at the price. Just please beware that the color is NOT a true grey. I am shocked I am the first to note this in a review. Color and Fabric feel are the only reason I didm't rate a 5 star.
This bed is great... I was a bet skeptical reading the reviews...majority was good but made me think some of the beds were missing parts and didn't want to be part of that odd.. But all parts we're there VERY firm I am 240 pounds significant other 197 and this bed hasn't squealed not once... A GREAT BED WOULD SAY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but then I wouldn't want everyone having my bed!!...only question is I don't know what type of night stands to put on side of bed don't want to take away from bed!!
This bed is very very nice in a room. But Assembly came with poor instructions and were missing some bolts. Had to go to home depot to get rest of the stuff to make it work. Apart from putting it together which took forever, overall, I like it. Will I buy again? Maybe..
This bed looks great. Instructions are a little incorrect/difficult. I also had problems with screws/holes lining up on mine (and no I didn't tighten all the screws until complete). However, the bed looks so f'ing nice in the room that I don't even care how much of a pain it was to put together. Thanks Overstock!