1. turned out to be laminate / melamane - not wood 2. color is a bit more tan than the photo, but this is not the biggest problem 3. one pair of screws missing from parts bags 4. no directions for how to attach the two beams to the drawer bank 5. electric plugs on the plastic electricity attachment are for the 220 plug styles that they have in China - not usable in USA 6. beams A and B are not labeled and it is not possible to determine which is which
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit more tan, less reddish tone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Expected "wood" - it is 100% laminate over wood particle board. I thought it was made of real apple wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not good. It should state that item is 100% laminate surfaces over wood-based particle board
I just finished assembling my new desk and must say that I am very pleased with the result. The desk & drawers are well made and makes my office look fantastic. The drawers are well made and I am sure the desk will last a very long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I received this desk today by freight. It arrived in 2 large boxes. I assembled this desk by myself (I don't recommend- get a friend!) and it took me about 5 hours from start to finish. The instructions are somewhat unhelpful and it took some moments of trial and error to assemble some of the components. The desk top and drawers are of a high quality wood, very Danish (the desk is actually designed by a Danish company, according to the box and label on the desk.) Perhaps the only "particle board," as mentioned by an earlier commenter, to be found is the rear flap which hides the cables, but it's hardly visible anyway, and is still of acceptable quality. No, it does not have a keyboard drawer. I could not figure out how to attach the snake like cable organizer to the desk, however, I find it very ugly and cheap looking anyway so I will not be using it. There is actually a built in power/ phone/ and ethernet outlet strip that you attach underneath the desk that has its own cable organizing system which I find does a good job. The power outlets are actually hybrid AC outlets which do work in the U.S., contrary to what the earlier commenter stated. They do look weird, but if you plug in a regular 2 or 3 prong device, it will operate. I find this desk to be very attractive and soothing to the eye. It brings a much needed state of elegance to my home office area and is of high quality. Plan an entire day to spend on assembling this desk- it will take you that long!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar- it actually looks better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is of great quality, the aluminum parts are of average quality. The metal screws and assemblies are of high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate
One of the panels had a crack in it - it is particleboard, after all - but a pain, nonetheless. However, I have to say that Overstock. customer service was stellar in handling it. They gave choice of compensation or replacing desk. We chose compensation since it was a back panel that isn't visible with desk against wall, plus we didn't want to go through hassle of repacking, shipping & waiting.