Buying something as big as a bed sight unseen (at least in person) was a bit nerve wracking - but I'm glad I did. This bed is just what I was looking for and is amazingly close in quality and appearance to beds twice as expensive. The one thing I wish that I'd known is that the brads (nail heads) on the bed are actually the size and finish of a quarter. I thought they were much smaller and was surprised to see that they are very large. Because I want small brads, I'm pulling them out and replacing them with dime-sized nail heads. This has been a pretty simple process and nail heads are very cheap online. The reason I give it five stars - even though the nail heads aren't what I personally was looking for in terms of size - is that the bed is beautiful, the dove grey fabric is serene and the perfect grey, and I think the brads issue is personal to me and that others would love it as is - in fact, my mother tried to discourage me from removing the existing brads feeling that the bed is very glamorous as is. So - I give it five stars based on it's quality and the assumption that most people would probably like the glamour factor of the oversized silver nailheads (and if not, they pull out). Just a word of warning - if you do decide to remove the existing brads and put smaller ones in - just know you can lift the "nap" of the fabric by wetting it - otherwise it will appear crushed (it's a velvet-like fabric - or maybe it is actual velvet, can't tell) when you remove them.
Love at first sight! Simply perfect for my bedroom. The design is highly classy yet contemporary and the nail heads look fab! Although some people prefer smaller nail heads (they're readily available in the market so one can always change the look) but as of now I am loving the look as is. The fabric seems nice too. All in all, I believe such high quality bed at this price is a true bargain (i have seen similar beds for twice the price). For me the only con was the need of a low profile box spring. :( I didn't want to use box springs. So I did research for alternative foundations: wooden foundations(were so expensive $400 for king size foundation plus they were not low profile), bunkie boards, metal foundations(squeaks in time) and plywood board base(no room for the mattress to breathe). Finally I came across with the slatted bed base(sultan luroy) from Ikea $80 for king size bed frame and is made of fine springy arched slats that takes on the pressure from the mattress very well. It comes with 25 years of warranty and goes perfectly well with this bed provided you dont throw away the middle beam which comes with this bed for extra support. I hope this will be helpful to all who are struggling for box spring alternatives.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
This bed is just gorgeous & stunning! The color is much, much better in person! It is a very, very light velvet dove grey, it is so subtle! If you are worried about the tacks...well... don't! They complement this bed dead on, any smaller just would not have worked out! I did think the headboard would be higher though from the dimensions given, I think the measurement given is from the ground and not from the start of the headboard! I looked long & hard before choosing this bed, I wanted something modern but not too outhere but most of all I wanted something that I would still like for quite a few years down the road, this bed is just that! It is very attractive and a definite head turner!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I love this bed! It was assembled easily, the fabric is very nice (microvelvet?), and it looks great in my room. Everyone compliments the oversized nailheads!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I love this bed!!! It looks exactly as pictured. I only gave it 4 stars because 2 of the slats that came with the bed broke the first day we had it and we had to replace them with more heavy duty boards.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I was very reluctant to order a bed from the internet, ut I must say that it met my all of expectations and more. I got a little nervous after having ordered the product and having looked at similar beds from quality retailers and started to question my judgement as to whether I was driven by the cheaper price tag. However, the review's I read were very accurate and helpful. The fabric is very nice and the headboard has very thick padding. The nickel plated nailheads are such a focal point against the grey upholstery. The bed is so easy to assemble. I've never owned a bed that the slates were covered with fabric, makes me feel like I have something extra special. Love the low profile feature so if you are one that likes to cram things under your bed its not right for you. I had called Overstock after my initial purchase and asked them about the box springs and what type would be needed and a customer service rep got right back to me with my answer. You will definitely need the low profile box springs with this bed. My husband is incredibly picky so it even met his expectations and that is a pretty high standard!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
Aesthetically, this bed is amazing. Streamlined, chic, modern without being over-the-top "cube" looking. I typically go for a hybrid transitional/modern style and this fit the bill perfectly! I would suggest a low profile box spring if you don't want it to show...mine is standard and peeks out a few inches but my duvet is long enough to cover it. Just something to be aware of. Also - the quality of the slats is lacking. I replaced my slats with heavier wood and have had no problems since. One original slat did break after only sitting on the end of the bed (I'm not heavy). Overall, would highly recommend.
The bed took about 4 weeks to ship at stated on the website. PROS: Gorgeous & unique looking, awesome neutral gray color...goes with a wide array of colors, love the chrome brads, the headboard is really the centerpiece of the room. CONS: The first night we put the mattress directly on the slats and one of the slats broke. We did not receive a middle support bar with the slats so we were totally perplexed about how the slats were going to support the mattress...it just wasn't going to happen with out a support bar so my engineer husband ended up having to make one to get us by. We ended up purchasing low profile (6") box springs because our mattress sat way too low in the frame...it was silly looking. FYI the discount mattress places sell the box spring cheap. The head board squeaks when I lean up against it to read or watch TV...very annoying especially for what we paid. I'm not totally impressed with the quality of the fabric, it's average not exceptional by any means. OVERALL: For the price of $$$$ I am disappointed with the structural aspects of the bed. A better price range would be $700-$800. Aesthetically, it gets a 5 star.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average-poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Need to mention that it needs at least a low profile box spring or equivalent
Like all the others who reviewed this bed, I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase. This bed is ridiculous beautiful. The quality of the fabric is great. It is sturdy. I spend a lot of time petting it to make sure all the fabric grain is smooth. I adore this bed and so does everyone that comes to see it. The fabric is a very light gray - almost with a bluish silver tint vs a beige gray. The nail heads are beautiful even though they are larger than the small traditional tacks. My bed has one tiny sewing flaw - some needle marks on the top of the headboard, but I don't care, it is so gorgeous and you can't see them unless you are looking. Need a low profile box with this. It is my favorite piece of furniture I have ever bought. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close - a little darker on ine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, sturdy, beautiful fabric
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am pleased with the purchase of this bed! Its looks better than I imagined in my master bedroom. The material is not top quality velvet but its still very soft. Overall, I have no regrets.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct....light grey
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality...sturdy and durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This bed really is great. I really wish it was not pictured with that crazy bedding. The headboard is trimmed with slarge silver studds. I love it but I was actually expecting them to be darker. Now, I would not want darker...this really looks great as is. I totally recommend this!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a true grey that is light.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
We are completely thrilled with this bed. Beside the fact that it is just beautiful, it was shipped promptly and fully set up by the delivery service. We have had it for a few weeks, and could not be happier with our choice. I highly recommend it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fabulous.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes.
I love this bed! It makes a beautiful statement in our bedroom. We have dark charcoal walls and high ceilings, so the lighter gray fabric and high headboard really pop! The fabric is soft and rich looking. The white glove service was great too! I am extremely happy with this purchase.
The manufacturer or distributor that overstock has for this bed was the absolute worst shopping online experience EVER!! I primarily shop online for clothing and furniture because of limited time. This is experience made me feel like I was in 1975 and this was an all new experience for the company. I placed order for bed in March 2013 and finally got them to get it out of my home in the middle of May 2013!!!! It took 4 weeks to come in, then 7 working days to tell me that they did not have a king footboard to send me to replace the queen that was sent with the king headboard:( Honestly - who sends a king headboard and queen footboard with rail system and then says we will give you $150 off to keep as is!!! REALLY!! Took at least another 4 weeks for the company to arrange return and have shipping company come to get bed out of my house!!!! I had to store the bed against windows in my room because I ordered another bed from Restoration Hardward and had that bed delivered before overstock bed left my house!!!! I don't blame overstock but the company that this bed came from was a nightmare!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. King headboard and queen footboard - company could not get a king footboard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Beautiful bed but missing parts/pieces - company did not have anything to ship - had to return