Very sturdy, heavy, well made desk. great color--not a bland **** pure white, more of a washed very faint creamy white. used it for years in our one bedroom apartment and always got compliments on it. Love this desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very.
Sorry to say but the product was awful. The ivory color was a yellow-streak. The desk was larger than described & you'd have to be a rocket-scientist to figure out the THREE BOXES of pieces to put together. Then when I returned them, no easy feat for 3 oversized boxes, I was charged a total of $$$ for shipping. I should have read the reviews before I purchased it. So I hope someone learns from my mistake.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not "ivory" at all. The ivory color was a yellow-streak.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Felt more like pastic than wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all.
The very large and tightly packaged product arrived quickly in multiple boxes. WARNING: Once you unpack it, you will never get it back in the box (in the event you want to return it). Once unpacked, I set out to follow the directions provided. The pictures and parts did not always match making an already difficult task even more so. Holes for the wooden pegs provided would not line up in many instances requiring drilling (multiple times). The glue for these wood pegs was of pore quality as well, requiring me to purchase my own. On the same trip for this glue I had to purchase backer board for the back sides of the cabinets. Additionally the desk top was found to be damaged on arrival (after unpacking it) and was repaired with more glue, a clamp, and some closely matching paint which I purchased. All said, I spent about 5 hrs on this project not to include waiting for the glue to dry. In closing, I will say that the end result looked great, but with out a doubt was the toughest furniture build I've ever done (and I've done a lot). I will not recommend this product to anyone and advise to only attempt this if your prepared to lose your temper, over, and over again, and are very good at "Jerry Rigging" things.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor. By far the worst product Ive ever attempted to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
I would have returned the product, but the damage was noticed until all the pieces were out of box and almost assembled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, Was difficult to assemble and was received with a large chip on back, several chips on front. Some of the paint on the edges was missing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overstock was great in getting the missing part out to use in a timely fashion. The reps I spoke with and emailed with were all very helpful and polite. I still love O----just not this desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? this is in no way white---it is an ugly pale yellow. I have a bedroom set of white washed furniture and this looks awful with it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. My carpenter husband had his hands full with putting this together, Instructions were basically useless and a part was missing. I was sorry I bought it immediately.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Well it IS a corner desk.
I have off-white furniture in my bedroom and wanted a desk to match. This desk does not match any of my other off-white furniture. It is white with some sort of yellow/brown, streaky glaze over it. I planned to put this together on a weekend my sister and BIL were visiting because he assembled furniture at a dept store when he was in college, but when we opened the box, there were no instructions included. I called Overstock, and the instructions came about a week later, but then I was stuck assembling it alone. Also, when I opened the boxes, some of the Styrofoam packing pieces were adhered to one of the desk pieces and could not be completely scraped off without damaging the finish, as if the pieces had been put into the box when the paint was still wet or something. This was on the inside of one of the door assemblies, though, and I decided it wasn't that big of a deal because it would not be visible, and I really needed a desk, soon! After I received the instructions (and parts list), I found that it was also missing a part, but it was a backer board not *completely* necessary to the construction, and this was already such a pain (and I really needed a desk), so I just decided to press on. I thought about returning it at this point, but it came in three boxes, which I had ransacked looking for the missing instructions, and I had no idea how to get it back into them. Plus, I'm not that picky and didn't want to hassle with the return. The instructions that eventually came were awful. Hand-drawings-and-a-typewriter kind of instructions that were very fuzzy because they looked like they were a copy of a copy of a copy. And not all the hardware parts were labeled on all the drawings. I managed to assemble it by myself over several hours, and it now looks okay, but the drawers work very roughly and scrape against the bottom of the desktop when pushed in. If I ever get really motivated, I guess I'll take off the tracks and reposition them. I'm hoping I just won't use the drawers that much... Also, assembly requires a hammer and a block of wood, so you can *force* the pieces together in spite of the slightly-off pre-drilled holes. And, if you're confused by the terrible instructions, you'll probably break a couple of the shoddy wooden dowel rods with which this is constructed, and they don't send a single extra dowel, in case you actually want to take the time to drill out and replace the one(s) that broke off during assembly. Maybe this is why they include some kind of glue that's never called for in the instructions. There is also a place on one of the drawer fronts where the laminate/enamel obviously broke or flaked off before shipping and it was painted over, the desktop piece had a couple of minor scratches right out of the box, and one of the knobs looks like a serious factory second. IMO, this is *way* overpriced for the quality and the hassle. Hindsight's always 20/20, right? Just beware. Maybe O.co will do something about this product. I've been happy with the majority of products I've purchased from them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not good. The product is painted white with yellow streaks to make it look off-white, but it's very unattractive in well-lit situations.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Reasonably except for the color.