The product came well packaged, undamaged and fortunately in 3 boxes - it's Oak, it's heavy! Total assembly was required, but I got perfectly cut & drilled and nicely sanded pieces plus good instructions. I like this kind of project, but it is not for the feint of heart!! When it was all put together and rolled into my kitchen, I was thrilled and proud. It hasn't gotten too much use because my husband is afraid to spill anything on it - a little fear is a healthy thing!
This arrived at about 4 p.m. and I had it put together by 8---all by myself, and I'm a woman! :-) The instructions are excellent (and I recommend reading them carefully), and the product is excellent--nice, solid wood. I put it together, oiled it with some nice butcher block oil, and it looks marvelous in my kitchen. I bought it for a baking station, because wood is the best surface for rolling out dough and pastries. I plan to enjoy it for many years to come! (Plus, the deep drawers helped me create extra room in my pantry!)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This kitchen island is really beautiful and suits our purposes perfectly. It is very stylish and useful. The photos on Overstock represent it perfectly. It is heavy and solid with a really nice butcher block top. The unit comes in three or four boxes that are HEAVY. I could not pick them up alone. It is not difficult to assemble, but it takes two people and about a whole day to do it. If I had a second one, it wouldn't take that long, but between reading the instructions and finding all the parts it is time consuming. There are no extra screws or parts, so be careful to keep everything together. Overall, I am very satisfied with the purchase.
Very substantial, looks great. Assembly took about 3 hrs with 2 people. Great price too! Perfect size in my kitchen, does not compete with my cherry cabinetry. Used the butcher block oil recommended on the top and it looks really nice. The drawers are perfect size for sheet pans. If you need a medium sized island for your kitchen this is a perfect buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
It turned out looking just as shown in the photo. As other reviewers mentioned, it took a very long time and two people to assemble. The bottom drawer does not shut flush to the cabinet unless there is something very heavy (24 pack of sodas, etc.) inside it. Otherwise, the track on one side prevents it from closing completely. We checked that we installed it correctly three times to make sure we had done it right. Another issue is that some of the screws that were provided broke off at the head as we were screwing them in. I have never seen that happen, so I thought it was because we were using an electric screwdriver. Nope. Still happened when using a manual screwdriver. Turns out, those screws were just bad. Used our own screws, which were much better, to finish the job.
Very please with this kitchen island/cart. Gorgeous, well made island. We had been looking for one for several weeks. Looked at one for $$$$ at a discount store and it was not sturdy and most of it was not real wood and did not have a wood butcher block top. This island has a solid, thick butcher block top and all pieces are made out of solid wood. I shopped around for it and Overtock. com had the best price, almost half of what it was listed st other stores. My husband put it together in about 4 hours with just a little help from me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as pictured - coordinates great with our hickory kitchen cabinets.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, well made, fairly easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Item was described accuately.
It is a wonderfully made island, but actually more country style than we should have ordered. That's our own fault, as it looked just like the picture. We ended up painting it black--except for butcher block top and shelf. I like it this way. However, since it was so hard to assemble, I'm sure we'd never order another. It is very well-made!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly like it looked.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Never has a stronger, more sturdy kitchen island been made!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was much harder to assemble than we had ever imagined!!! WE are pretty good at do-it-yourselfing, but this island took us 7 hours to put together!!!