This took a bit of time to install (we had to phone a friend), but it sure does look good! And the price can't be beat. We have had this installed for about 2 months and there have been no issues. It's pretty bright with 8 lights, so I recommend installing a dimmer switch (which is much less challenging than installing the light). It looks fantastic in our dining room and I am so glad we bought this fixture!
Beautiful, but be ready to put it together. My husband, very talented, worked all afternoon getting it lined up straight. Once together, it is very impressive a perhaps a bit big for over my island. I think it's beautiful and different. Other than putting each section together (it isn't welded) can't complain. It is beautiful and looks like a big wedding cake to me. The shades are of good quality. Not as good as the ones from Pottery Barn, but also not the price! Same fabric I think.
The finished product is spectacular. As other reviews have indicated, it is a project to assemble. I set aside plenty of time and got it done in a few hours without too much difficulty. I learned how to use wire strippers, which is helpful. My husband installed it into the ceiling box with no problem., but he's done that before. It's quite the focal point in my open floor plan dining room over a round black table. Definitely worth the price.
I love this chandelier. It looks a lot like one on a major fancy retailer's website but for half the cost! It's also quite a bit bigger. At 3 feet wide, it fills up my dining room nicely but is still "airy" enough that it's doesn't look too bulky. I wanted something traditional that could fit with a cottage/farmhouse type vibe, and this is perfect--metal looks high quality, arrived perfectly packaged without any scratches. My husband is really handy, and it took him about 2.5 hours to put this together and install it. He likes doing this kind of stuff and had a good time--said it was like doing a puzzle as another reviewer has already mentioned. People have also mentioned getting a dimmer, but I think the full lights are just fine. We are not using the shades, but they are lovely as well. They have a creamy color. One of my favorite Overstock purchases!
Spent an hour putting the thing together, and putting it up. Once we turned the switch it blew the breakers for the whole room. When we took it down, it all worked again. Double and triple checked the wiring and couldn't find anything wrong. Will be returning.
I bought this chandelier a few years ago because of the price and style. It does NOT look cheap once it's up and put together. I think it was a very nice style and quality. HOWEVER, it came in like a bajillion pieces and *that's* why you get such a great deal! I was so excited, and I started trying to put it together myself, and before long, I was ready to give up until my husband (now ex) came along and magically put it together. I couldn't read the instructions for anything! It's a lovely chandelier if you're handy or have someone available who is!
I needed affordable chandeliers that looked good. These are not the best quality and the price reflects that, but I have 3 of them hanging down the aisle in a wedding chapel and I added/ draped a few crystals on them and they look really beautiful and I don't think its obvious that they are of lower quality. If money is tight and you need a certain look, this light works well. I did not use the shades on mine.
Watched this chandelier for a long time, read reviews and decided to go for it. Put it together myself ( kind of like a puzzle) and it was worth it. Got my son-in-law to hang it. I love it. Very bright with 60w, am installing a dimmer switch.
I absolutely adore this chandelier. It arrived quickly, and my husband was able to assemble and install within a couple of hours. We hung it in our kitchen, and it looks very high end! I have seen similar fixtures in home decorating catalogs that cost a lot, so this was definitely a steal. It is a very heavy fixture, so take that into consideration when installing. We added some extra bracing when we hung ours. Thank you, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
First this thing is huge!! Love it,though.I put it in my kitchen and have gotten lots of comments on the look and quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. HIGH quality! Well made!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on target
Really pretty chandelier. Nice quality. Takes some time to put together but not difficult if you are careful to follow the directions. Very happy with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I was looking for a fairly large all black chandelier for a while until I finally found this one. I was going for the shabby chic look. So, I added about 6 strands of crystals and it looks magnificent over my dining room table, especially when dimmed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love this light fixture. I put it together myself while I watched television. It wasn't hard. My husband hung it and it went pretty smoothly. The end result is worth any trouble you have to go thru especially when you factor in the cost.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love this chandelier. I chose to hang it in the dining room without the lamp shade tops. It looks slightly rustic yet elegant at the same time. My husband does electrical work, so he set it up with a dimmer switch which makes it perfect to set the mood or tone in the room. It also looks stunning from outside when you look in through our huge front window.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This chandelier is beautiful! I have received so many compliments on it already. I don't think a photo can depict how beautiful this light really is,and the price was very reasonable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made beautiful light
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description