Purchased this chandelier for my living room. It looks fantastic. love the white glass shades as it puts out more light than cream shad would have. Overstock is the best on-line store for home items that I have seen on the web. Don't hesitate to purchase from them.
I was expecting more of a black color but this fixture came with more of a silver/pewter color with slight gold tone brush marks. Since my kitchen table is black we decided to spray paint it black and now it looks great in my kitchen. However, the product actually arrived with one of the sockets loose and good thing my husband is an electrician and was able to reattach it. Otherwise, I would have had to return it. There needs to be better quality control or perhaps it was damaged in shipment. That's why I gave a lower rating on the quality of the product.
Not easy to assemble. My electrician did not want to spend the amount of time needed to figure it out. Appeared (not confirmed) parts/screws missing or not drilled to match? He said - return this pay more and get something else. I did just that! Color nice, style nice - value if you have lots of time to assemble fair. Recommend with caution to a friend, unless he is bored!
I bought this light for my daughter's new home. The light is nice enough, but it arrived with a broken globe. My daughter contacted customer service and was told that they would send another globe for the light. After several weeks, the globe still had not arrived. My daughter had to call them again and wait another week or more to get the globe. In the meantime, she received another bulb from Overstock, which was probably the first one they said they sent, but it was not correct. In the end Overstock did get the replacement globe to them but it needs to work on its' customer service department.
I bought this for our formal dining room, and once installed it is very pretty. Downside, the assembly and installation parts were either too short or missing. A trip to the local Home Depot resolved. Assembly and installation were fairly easy once we had all the correct pieces. We placed a ceiling medallion before we wired and it really adds a additional flair. We are happy with it overall.
I don't care for the finish on this fixture. I am going to spray it an oil rubbed bronze finish and will like it a lot better. I just hope the thing works after I spray it and the electrician hangs it because after altering it I will not be able to return it.
This chandelier is very nice! I love it. Totally pleased and happy with it and looks fantastic in my dining/living room. I installed it myself (with the help of my mother) and it was a major pain. If I had to do it over again, I would've probably paid someone to do it. In fact, at some point, I may take it down and have someone else put it back up. I didn't do a perfect job for sure, but it may be only me who sees the imperfections. Also, I have a ceiling medallion and the long threading pipe that you screw the chandelier into from the ceiling bracket was too short. I had to get another one from Lowe's along with a coupler to make it long enough. (I ended up making it too long [hopefully no one else notices] which takes me back to my point of having a professional install this.) And finally, even after I tightened the screws in the arms, they still move about so take my advice and don't try to place the arms until you get the light all the way up. It took me a few minutes to place them properly and if i touched them, some might still move so just be aware. Despite the self-inflicted frustration trying to hang this thing, I LOVE it and am super pleased. It's really very beautiful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? There are definitely silver undertones which do not show up in the photo. The description mentioned silver, but looking at the picture, it is not evident. You definitely see them in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? See color comment.
I was looking for an elegant yet simple chandelier for my dining room at this was it! Need help from electrician but it was up in an hour.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very, same shape, size, color as described
This chandelier looks exactly like what I expected and I am very pleased. The only thing I would suggest is to include a longer part (the threaded tubular part) to attach the canopy because I used a ceiling medallion and I had to go and purchase a longer one so the threaded part would protrude down through the 'cup' so I could attach the nut. Other than that it... perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
We are re-modeling our kitchen, the room is 12x30 and needs a lot of attention to detaills. This chandelier will enable me to get the Tuscan feel yet remain within my budget and be able to purchase other items to round out the design. This is one of the reasons I have ordered so many items for my kitchen re-do, quality, cost, and prompt shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This chandelier enhances our eating area and sets off the entire kitchen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very pleased upon receiving the chandelier and the precise way in which it was wrapped. Keeping the glass globes separate within styrofoam boxes ensures an intact product. The chain is more than substantial which allows for hanging the appropriate length above a table. The finish has a true Tuscan feel with light touches of gold.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It met my expectations which enabled me to continue with my kitchen re-do, did not have to spend time returning the chandelier, very pleased.
Love this light! It only comes with a short chain and cord, so if you have high ceilings you will need to buy both at the store and modify before hanging. It is actually prettier in person than the picture. It really updated my dining area and it was a great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This chandelier is exactly as it appears online. It arrived in just a matter of days, was easy to hang, and looks beautiful in my formal dining room. The metal color is a matte black w/ streaks of gold (not a solid, shiny black).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I am very pleased overall with the chandelier. It was well packaged, arrived on time, and looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly like the picture and description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good. the only negativer is it is tricky getting the light arme spaced evenly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.