First of all, let me say that the Overstock service has been excellent. I ordered my Therapure on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday!!I've only had this, then, for 2 days, and already I've noticed a couple things...1) On its low setting, the tower is silent. On medium or high, the fan is engaged and sounds, well, like a fan.2) Personally, I'm not keen on the blue light on top to indicate when the UV lamp is on... I think it's a little too bright.3) Even though it's a "HEPA-like" filter, it still appears to do a decent job with all the allergens and dust and everything else. It is not a true HEPA filter, so just be careful if that's what you need.4) True to form, it does clear out funky odors around the house. I've set it up in the kitchen (that's where I opened it up, and where I've a convenient outlet to test things, and not only does it eliminate the normal kitchen odors, but also the odors from the litter box.One observation I've made. For the last 6 months or more, about every other day, my cat would leave little "presents" around the house for me to clean up -- usually by the front or back door. I do keep the litter box clean, but still he just drops where he wants and poops. We just assumed it's because he's 15yo, and just likes going there. Since Friday, there have been no special presents... he's using the litter box exclusively. Again, it's only been a few days, but it really made me wonder if my cat just didn't like the smell of the litter... If that's the case, then I'm buying more of these for every room in the house!Finally, I made sure to purchase the extended warranty. Most air purifiers we've purchased have lasted only until the manufacturer's warranty expired, so I feel extremely comforted that Overstock.com will take care of me should this device fail to stand the test of time.Thank you, Overstock.com!
this is a great air purifier. My husband and I both have really bad allergies, especially to our cats. This air purifier has helped us both so much. The only complaint I have is that it is a little louder than I would've liked, but it's still very manageable. Overall I would say this is a great value; if you are considering it, go for it!!
I am not sure if it is working yet & I have had it for a month now , I am not sure when the actual results are to kick in. My allergies are still in full force & I was hoping for relief by using this air purifier. I am not giving up though (even if it means mind over body).
Just an expensive fan, Germicidal? not enough buld to kill germs at even medium speed. Needs bigger bulb/
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it does what it says, barely
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
My Thera pure air cleaner cost *** worked for only 7 days!!!! It has a one year warranty - to exercise the warranty I MUST pay *** and they will ship me a new machine and then I MUST ship the old machine back - which will cost an additional *** by UPS or FEDEX - so to exercise the warranty I must pay about 50% MORE money to get a working machine. My Therapure cost more than *** per use. The company is devoid of integrity and DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT - they also employ persons who speak English so poorly that it is nearly impossible to understand them. When I asked to speak to a supervisor to lodge my complaint - they refused to connect me to one. Avoid products form this company. Try the vastly superior Orick air cleaner for quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor poor quality - worked for 7 days
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
I have been buying this product for years for myself . Now I have bought several for my grown children. Who state how surprised to see all it cleans out and how fresh the air is. And is effective as the other hepa filter brands which are costly to replace. This you just wipe clean and start it up again.If, I make fish I bring it in the kitchen and puff, the smell is gone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exACT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
So far it's working great. I purchased this purifier to replace an old one. I really liked the permanent filter. I also like the germicidal feature.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? came in color as specified
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It may get a little loud on high but I have no problem sleeping on low. On high it also works as a fan. My son's alergies seem to be better since having this in his bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White? Hard to mess that up.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's over 2 years old and still works great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Everything as advertised.
my 13 year old son had been waking up 'extremely' congested and sneezing every morning - (we live next to an international airport). i use to use a similar purifier in his room when he was younger but it eventually stopped working. i knew i needed to buy a new one so i read up on all the current air purifiers and decided to give this one a try...i figured i could always return it if it didnt work. after two days of running the Ionic Pro Therapure Germacidal Air Purifier Tower in his room he has been waking up every morning "feeling great!' Its nice not having to stock up on kleenex for his morning routine. i highly recomend this product!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I would not buy this again,too noisy and this unit blows out COLD air from the bottom making it uncomfortable to have in your room anywhere...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. too noisy,blows cold air out bottom
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? so so
Products works as described, I currently use it in my living room and sometimes my masterbedroom, the air quality has improved greatly!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thus far quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description of the product was great
I bought this the end of October and have already noticed a difference. My eyes are not tearing as much. Also the room seems more comfortable. I did not find it noisy at all. I haven't had to clean it yet though and have not used the UV.
I purchased this product to eliminate or reduce cigarette smoke and cat dander. This unit does a good job on both. The cigarette smoke is not eliminated, but is greatly reduced. The fan is surprisingly quiet on low and medium, but a little loud on high. I have not as yet used the UV light or had to clean the permanent filter as yet. I've had this product 2 weeks, so I don't know about the durability.
I recieved this product about a month ago it seems to work wonderfully we have it in our bedroom and it very quiet. My husband and I have allergies and 3 dogs. We live in an area with alot of air pollution so it's very improtant we have a air purifier that works. We're both breathing easer using this product.
I have been using this product for about a month now. I really think it was a great value. I was a little worried about the noise issues people had mentioned, but I don't think it is bad at all. I'm using it down in out finished basement, and it leaves it with a fresh clean smell. I would like to purchase another one for upstairs.
On the lowest setting its whisper quiet, but on the next setting it makes this motor type noise, thought it would have been alot quieter, I don't mind it but my fiance' doesn't like it. As far as how it works it works great recirculates the air and keeps it fresh in the room.
I have two cats and a husband allergic to cats. This unit did well in our 15X20 bedroom. When moved to the cat's room (where food and litter boxes are) the unit couldn't seem to keep up. I've had other air purifiers and this one is pretty nice. It is quiet on the low setting but when on medium or high, I don't want to be in the room.