Desk arrived in a short amount of time. This is made of high quality composite wood (if that makes any sense) Melamine is the type they use. Only thing I was disappointed with was the top drawer. The back part of the drawer wasn't cut deep enough for the bottom of the drawer causing the 4 sides to not completely connect. The top drawer sliding mechanism isn't the best of quality. The bottom drawer is excellent and very sturdy. The only other complaint I have is the bottom side of the top panel has a scratch about a 12" long. I wasn't willing to contact the company cause it wasn't a big deal but I will be contacting them about the drawer. The directions are pretty clear however with two people it took around an hour to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Sturdy - The package weighs 95lbs if that tells you anything.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
The quality for the price is awful. The drawers don't stay in place at all and continually slip off the tracks (due to the measurements being miscalculated in the design). And the front parts of the drawers where the handles are do not stay in place at all. When you pull on the handle, the entire front comes off. I'm going to need super glue to glue them in place. Very poor quality.
As soon as I opened the box that the desk arrived in, I noticed that there was a large crack through the top of the desk (from the front near where the straight edge begins to curve all the way to the back of the desk). Ever since then (about 2 months ago), I have been trying to contact Inval to get a replacement desk top, but I have never been able to get in touch with a person at this company. An automated messaging system sends me to an "operator" which is really just a message saying that the operator is unavailable and that I should leave a message. None of my messages have been returned. At this point, I am incredibly frustrated, since 1. the desk arrived broken, and 2. Inval (the company) doesn't seem to actually exist. Overstock cannot help, since it has now been more than 30 days since I ordered the desk. It seems that I am just stuck with a broken top.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It arrived broken
Good product. Good quality wood. Directions for assembly didn't have many words and you really have to pay attention to detail to follow them correctly. It took me approx 2 hours by myself. Overall very happy with the product. Only thing I can complain about is the part of the desk near your feet that is closest to the drawers has some of the screws/assembly showing. That is the only place where it is apparent but it's not that noticeable and I'm probably just being picky.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good product, careful when you receive it, the box is approx 100 lbs and awkward to carry due to size
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This product was supposed to be black, but it was not - more like a dark brown woodgrain. It was not sturdy. And the desktop size was much smaller than anticipated. Would not recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Absolutely not the same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overstated quality