This desk was the perfect fit for me. I bought it expecting it to be a little smaller but it wasnt. That was okay. My two monitors and computer tower fit on it perfectly. The fit and finish is excellent. High quality materials and very sturdy construction make this a good bang for your buck. Staples wanted much much more money for much less desk.
Cheaply made when I received the desk it had parts that were damaged due to shipment .overstock handle the problem,but I had to wait another 5 days to finish putting the desk together .bottoms of the drawes are card board really.will not buy another piece of furniture off the web again,go to office max or a place like that so you can see what you are buying
I put together furniture on a regular basis and this is one of the most cheaply constructed pieces of furniture that I have ever purchased. Most of the screws protrudes through the outer edges of the wood when assembled, and the veneer was peeling off of several pieces directly out of the product packaging. I would not purchase it again nor would I recommend it to anyone.
An upgrade compared to the mdf of old, the desk is solid with clean modern lines and well designed storage areas. Fits a huge Cyberpower tower with lots of room to spare. Drawer glides are smooth, keyboard slide is alittle hard but could be how we assembled. Can't beat the price and it wasn't too difficult to assemble. Would recommend.
Aesthetically the desk is really nice. I think storage is lacking where it should be. Drawers are not deep enough and the top shelf where printer is placed is weak. Top shelf began bowing out pretty much immediately once printer was placed. I suppose pretty much worth the the price.
The instructions that came with this desk are very confusing. Putting the desk together was very time consuming. I have assembled the desk and using it for a couple months. So far, every drawer has fallen apart. When opening the drawers, the front comes off. The top of the desk doesn't fit in the holes they provided, therefore is very loose. I would not recommend this item for anyone!
the product looks ok in the picture, when i received it there was damage from shipping as well as missing parts. the assembly was basically all improvisation since the pieces were of different sizes. i will never order a similar product from this company that makes this product.
The box was a bit beat up when we received it. There were a few boards that had dented corners...luckily when we were putting it together, those corners ended up on the back of the desk and are not visible. The instructions are long and there are several steps. Based on other reviews, they were right. Holes needed to be drilled and it was a bit of a pain to put together. All in all, it's a very nice desk and we are happy with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it matched very closely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very sturdy/solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was exact
Wow is all I can say... the thing showed up damaged which sometimes happens when delivering an over weight box via UPS. The first iteration (had to order 2 to replace the beat up piece..) was new in box however, the box looked like it was attacked by George Foreman after confusing it for a chicken leg. There was a deep gouge on several parts and multiple scratches/chipped pieces. Trying to make India customer care understand the issue was very frustrating as they just wanted to send replacement parts. Finally after 4 attempts and a botched RMA on Overstock's part they shipped out a new one. The replacement arrived and the box was damaged too but not as bad. However there are a couple of chipped overlays and corners and a few scratches. Also the replacement did not arrive with black screws, it was sent with brass screws which do not match the black exterior (nice), it also looks like it is a refurbished piece, not new as the box was open and the packages full of hardware were torn open as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a fake wood scheme, the site made it seem like it was one color (espresso), in fact it uses a fake wood look
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wow, first one arrived very damaged and scratched up and only noticed after it was half assembled.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate besides the wood color...
I love this desk! It has all the functions I need with out taking up too much space. It is sturdy, durable, beautiful, arrived earlier then expected and set up was easy with the instructions. I highly this product and others from ATG Stores or Overstock.com!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly accurate
Do not buy this desk! The assembly is absolutely torture as not even the handles are attached to wood. You also need to drill many of your own holes because it does not come prepared properly. Also it did not come with all the pieces to complete installation. I want to smash it in front of my house instead of returning it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
For the hutch shelves, the holes do not line up making it impossible to put together. Other parts (metal slides for the drawers/shelf) were missing---4 in total!!! Putting this together has been a nightmare. I'm awaiting replacement parts to be delivered. In the meantime, things are a mess! Makes buying online questionable. I would not do it again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medium quality. However, the quality control for the parts are questionable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate