I wanted an inexpensive set of silverware for a mountain condo. Problem is the really cheap ones are so bad they bend and sometimes cut into your fingers because of thin, sharp edges. I was even looking for used on Craigs List when I tried Overstock and found these. Nice and thick, well made set for what I thought was an unbelievable price. It's not like the real heavy Oneida stuff, but also doesn't have that cost either.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Somehow our spoons from our old set disappeared. We have kids and I think they accidentally threw them away. I had bought some cheap spoons which didn't last. I bought 2 sets. They are decent weight,not as heavy as my expensive set but I didn't expect that. They are very nice, haven't gotten spotted and I put everything in dishwasher. Very satisfied!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice set
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
The silverware is too light and feels cheap and flimsy when you hold it. It also appears to rust rather easily in the dishwasher - small rust spots on the knives after only one or two dishwasher washes. However, the spots easily rubbed out with an abrasive sponge. But the price is right - you get what you pay for! Style is good too; silverware looks as good if not better in person than it did in the pics, outside being too shiny. All in all, for a short-term need (one to two years), this set is definitely worth the xx bucks I paid and based the 'good' rating on that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Silverware is much shinier in person. Would have preferred a softer, 'matte' silver like in the pics.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality pretty low. Silverware is very light; feels flimsy. Ideally should be quite a bit heavier regardless of price.